[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Activating a Button

Activating a Button

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Activating a Button

Postby Nerdboy101 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:57 pm

How do you enable a disabled button and how do you disable an enabled button? I've read the help documentation but I don't really know where to start.
Nerdboy101

Re: Activating a Button

Postby ErikB » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:13 am

Uncheck the Enabled box in the property inspector.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Nerdboy101 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Lol no that's not what I meant, I already know how to do that. I meant as an event. Like I have 3 buttons for a certain event for my novel and the player needed to get (find) 3 items. I want to know how I'll be able to disable a button through an event so that the player won't be able to keep activating a scene by clicking on said button.

Thanks for helping out, sorry I wasn't clear on that.
Nerdboy101

Postby ErikB » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:33 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Nerdboy101 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Yes it works, thanks :D ! I've tried the Hide Visibility option before but the player can still activate the event by clicking where the button is even if it's hidden.

I don't know if it's possible but it'll be nice if there's something like a "Disable Button When Invisible" option and you're able to Disable and Enable it in the action catalog.
Nerdboy101

Postby Moonya » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:30 pm

:oops: , this is gonna sound stupid, but where or how do I get this to work? I have this buttons that bounce and when you click one it has to dissapear so you can't see it anymore. I treid to make a script with this solution but it says:

Script: Disable button (1, 1) : ERR : Unexpected token 'cast'
Build failed
Moonya

Postby ghostrpg.01 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:38 pm

OH, thanks! I was searching for the same :lol:
ghostrpg.01

Postby JeremyVerdi » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 am

Not sure if I am supposed to start a new thread entirely or pull a necropost, but I suppose there are more important things to worry about such as pondering my own mortality or whether or not there are actually alligators in the sewer. I've always had a knack with Necromancy anyway.

In any case, I am also having issues with disabling and re-enabling invisible buttons. I tried the move trick (moving the button off screen with a command and then moving it back when appropriate) and this worked with one button on one page, but not for the three on my title screen. For whatever reason they remain clickable even though they have been completely moved from their original positions and off screen. The move commands are exactly the same on both pages, but refuse to work on the title page leaving the place the buttons are to be moved still accessible right from the beginning. The script that ErikB provided in this thread works great!.....until the part when the buttons are supposed to show back up. Changing the script to "true" makes them show up only when the mouse is clicked or moved over where they are supposed to be.

As always, any help is appreciated-

Thanks!
Do you like our owl?
JeremyVerdi

Postby 8oni » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:05 pm

Again, sorry for necro the old thread but I have made video tutorial about disable and hide button so for people who want to disable the button while they are hidden can try this. Hope it works and help any one who have the same problems.

So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Support & Development