[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Trouble adding Dialogue

Trouble adding Dialogue

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Trouble adding Dialogue

Postby rootbeerking » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:49 pm

Hello, I'm trying to add Dialogue. I followed the tutorial by making a text box and then the Dialogue, however when I right click on the text box it doesn't give me an option to add the Dialogue. What am I doing wrong? Also I don't know if this is a thing you're working on already, but may I suggest the ability to add objects and such just by dragging them onto the scene view?
rootbeerking

Re: Trouble adding Dialogue

Postby yummy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:09 am

Yes this has been reported by someone ( me actually :p ).
To "add a dialogue" it's a little complicated.

1) Select a font from the assets (double click)

2) Position your text layer
Normally you see it after you double clicked on font.
If not, check in the scene tab, in the Navigator window. There must be a layer with the font name.

3) right click on the layer (in the nav window or in the scene viewer window) and select behaviour.
There must be an option text. Select dialogues.

4) Add a dialogue in your Actions window (the little bubble)

5) Regularly preview your scenes. This way you'll know what to expect.
yummy

Postby rootbeerking » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:19 am

Wow, yeah that was unnecessarily harder then it should be. I would have never figured that out on my own. Though now that I know how to do it it should be cool.
rootbeerking

Postby rootbeerking » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:20 am

I have no idea how to edit posts on this forum... I just wanted to add: Thank you for your help^_^
rootbeerking

Postby yummy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:26 am

By clicking on "edit"? :p
No problem pal, I've been happily testing the software possibilities and so far, it's so fun it's hard to do something else :D
If you want help on transitions I'd be glad to help, I think I found out how to make them work nicely.
yummy

Postby ErikB » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:33 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby rootbeerking » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:41 am

Yeah, it's all part of the learning curve. I think I'm getting the hang of it all now.
I understand why you did it this way, like you said it gives the designer much more freedom, which is a good thing. Thanks again.
rootbeerking

Return to Support & Development