[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - What's missing?

What's missing?

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: What's missing?

Postby EriksBlue » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:01 pm

On Menu be able to have more then one Event for each Phrase.
EriksBlue

Postby Asmudee31 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Someone may have already suggested this, but would it be possible possible to a snowing effect with the rain and fog? And make it so you can change the color of the snow for like an ash, or "golden rose petals" kind of look?
Tell me of yourself. Are you fictional, or merely an illusion?
Asmudee31

Postby meimeiawesome » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:54 am

An option to save it as an .swf file. Because I'm not sure if xmls work the same as SWFs... (I need to upload them somewhere)

Also, an option to delete saved games.
meimeiawesome

Postby Avaible » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Saved files can be overriden. Swf files are unlikely, since Novelty is not intented to support flash.
Avaible

Postby Leprikon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:00 am

Leprikon

Postby ErikB » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:50 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Berwald » Sat May 05, 2012 11:57 am

One thing that I've noticed that Novelty is missing is persistent and "multi-persistent" data such as the one available on Ren'Py. Without the ability to use persistent data, implementing such things as galleries with unlockable images and alternate endings available based on specific conditions (such as completing the first path first) will not be possible. Well, I suppose there are workarounds, but those would not be particularly efficient.

Also, the ability to create patches. :mrgreen:
Berwald

Postby Ants64 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Could you try making a Clock mecanic...For exampel a person need to do something in so much time or otherwise the X Will happen and stop the charirtor from picking his options
or is that already made?
Or can i be picky and ask for a Novelty music maker/ sound effect maker? :D
Forgive my dyslexia
Give in to the madness
Ants64

Postby Angel_Fire » Wed May 09, 2012 4:01 pm

It must have already been suggested, but a .swf export option would be very useful, if it's even possible.
Angel_Fire

Postby NLRose » Fri May 18, 2012 11:45 pm

I'd imagine it's would be hard probably hard to program a preset template for it, but a simple way to add parts of other styles of game play to the novels would be nice. Like the battles in Princess Waltz or the way Melty Bloody is a visual novel that happens to have a fighting game in it. You could probably do this by adding a random number generator and option to define button inputs and just shove the rest onto the people. Or you could possibly steal the codding from the other game generators.
NLRose

Postby SeaMaid96 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Svenska är mitt modersmål.
I:
Compose music for fun (PM me for more info).
Should start reading more.
Deliberately miss the point of the weirdest series.
Never know what to write in signatures...
SeaMaid96

Postby SeaMaid96 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Well, if I'm here, I might as well ask for something myself.
It would be nice if you could allow a sound effect to actually fade out instead of coming to an abrupt stop. (Good if you have some ambient sounds and the character walks away.)
Also, being able to change the volume of the BGM without having to stop and restart it, for the same purpose.
Svenska är mitt modersmål.
I:
Compose music for fun (PM me for more info).
Should start reading more.
Deliberately miss the point of the weirdest series.
Never know what to write in signatures...
SeaMaid96

Postby geniusrko » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Rolling back like ren`py would be nice
as of NVL mode it can be easily made in novelty with a transparent background and some text and off we go
geniusrko

Postby TheGhostProject » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Novelty for Mac.
TheGhostProject

Postby NyuNeon » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:58 am

I'm not sure if you have this already, but what about something like an RPG battle like system? It comes in handy sometimes. :D
NyuNeon

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development