[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - What's missing?

What's missing?

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: What's missing?

Postby Avaible » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:50 pm

This may have been mentioned before, but I don't remember reading it anywhere, so here we go:

Wouldn't it make sense to add an action for saving the current game? It would be easier to use auto-safe then, because currently one would have to use the script-function for it.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:13 pm

I've thought about it, yeah. I'll put it in my notes.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby drproxima » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:00 am

I don't know if this has been brought up, and I don't know how possible it would be...but I think that having something like 001 Game Creator (found here: ) added on would be really cool...I'd really love to be able to make something that combines the video game feel of an old school pixel art RPG/ with the smooth look and feel of CG VN games...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."
drproxima

Postby Crusher » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if this was already mentioned:

I'd like to have a loop-function for audio tracks. "What, that's already in it and clearly visible O_o" is probably what you're thinking, but I don't mean to repeat a song from the beginning to the end, but choosing a part of the audio track where it repeats itself. So the track starts from the beginning the first time and every repitition of the loop starts for example at 0:30. It's often designed that way in professional soundtracks and makes it much easier to avoid "music holes" in longer sequences that take the drama out of everything.
"Mad Tracker" has a wonderful function like this where a little window pops up in which you see the volume-visualization of the selected track. You can just put a line on a part of the audio track and listen to it to be sure you've got the right point. Something like that would be a great addition.
Crusher

Postby EriksBlue » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:54 pm

I dont know how may VN's you play but I played Always Remember Me!, Love & Order, and Magical Diary. What I want to know is Novelty flexable enough to be able to do what these game do. These were all made with Renpy.

Is Novelty able to use the same scripts as Renpy?
EriksBlue

Postby Momiji » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Last edited by Momiji on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby Avaible » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Avaible

Postby InterFiction » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 am

Here's a few things that I think you could add that will improve. Things that I thought of while using novelty.

the first thing that let me down was the inability to do multiple things with buttons. If a button could change a variable, and trigger more than on event it would dramatically improve novelty's power. Not sure how this would be programming wise, or if you thought of it.

also the sliders. They should have a little more precision. Having to type a number by hand after sliding the slider and finding out it would skip the number you wanted produced and 'ugh' moment for me, lol.

Not sure it this is possible, but I think it's an awesome idea. Have you considered making it possible to import actions? That would be amazing. That way advanced users could program, and create their own actions, and give them to the community. That too would make Novelty pro the bomb.

those are the only two things I can think of right off.

the more powerful button would cut down on actions needed to get stuff done, as well as cut back on the need for scripting for newbs like me.

also the precise slider will keep people happier in a simple way :D
InterFiction

Postby tblack » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:00 am

Hi~!
Here is my thinking.

1) Paragraph Property : Leading space, kerning space

2) Audio Action (BGM/Vocal/FX) : Change Audio Volume (including FADE checkbox option)

3) Scripts Asset : More sample scripts or presets (I'm scared of programming but want these useful effects.)

4) VN Splash Screen Setting in case of Standalone Publishing : Location option. (eg. bottom, center, topright, etc.)

Thanks.
tblack

Postby Avaible » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Avaible

Postby tblack » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Leading Space = Line Space

eg.
Tom : How are you?
Jane : Fine, thank you.
<--- Leading Space is... maybe 130%?

Tom : How are you?

Jane : Fine, thank you.
<--- Leading Space is... maybe 230%?

-------------------------------
Kerning Space

eg.
How are you? <--- Kerning Space...maybe 1 pixel.
H o w a r e y o u ? <--- Kerning Space...maybe 20 pixels.
tblack

Postby ErikB » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:37 pm

All good points!
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:08 pm

@tblack Thanks for explaining :)
Avaible

Postby tblack » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:31 pm

You're welcome!
I thank for your asking, because I wasn't sure that my explanation works...
tblack

Postby tblack » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:40 pm

tblack

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development