[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Bug reporting thread

Postby Taishi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Im the Astral Claw warrior
Taishi

Postby ErikB » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:06 pm

I've been unable to reproduce the problem on my end.
If anyone is still experiencing this issue, it would really help if the game (the nvz-file) could be sent to me.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby zombieCANDY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:07 pm

zombieCANDY

Postby ErikB » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Any way I could see the stand-alone?
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Taishi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Whats odd... i have been trying to do the same thing i did with the bgm... no idea why but now the problem does not apears again ... really odd

Taishi

Postby ErikB » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Maybe I can shed some light by describing how it works under the hood:

When you're playing the game in the editor, it will read all of the resources (textures and sounds) from the Asset folder. As long as the files exists, it will work without a hitch.
When you save as a stand-alone, Novelty needs to collect all of the used resources and compress them into a single file (.nvz). The stand-alone player will only read from that file. Obviously, if a resource failed to get exported then they won't work in the stand-alone. Note that there's a difference between a resource (file) and an object (blob of NoveltyML). Objects are always exported as part of the scene they're placed in.

In earlier versions of Novelty, it would count resources on an ad-hoc basis, meaning that whenever you added an object to a scene the counter would go up for whatever resources that object used and similarly when you removed an object the counter would go down. Some resources like Audio, which is never added to a particular scene, had to be manually added to the project for them to be included with the stand-alone. This wasn't such a big deal at first because sound wasn't even supported in stand-alone mode in the earliest version.

I quickly realized this was a terrible way to do resource counting. It resulted in too many bugs and headaches for me and Novelty users, so I replaced it with a much better system.
Now, whenever you save as a stand-alone, Novelty will heuristically examine your entire project and find all of the resources that is being used within, including Audio. Compared to the earlier method it's more or less fool-proof, but the code is new and I can't guarantee that it works 100% until it has been fully tested by you guys.
Right-clicking the Used-asset list and selecting "Refresh" will tell Novelty to manually recount the used resources and you can inspect the result.

I can't say if this is what Zombie is experiencing until I've seen the .nvz, or the character asset itself.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby zombieCANDY » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:06 am

Figured out what happened - I messed up on the coding part of the character. I fixed it so it runs fine now.
Thanks for helping, and sorry for the bother. ^^;
zombieCANDY

Postby ErikB » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:56 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Taishi » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:45 am

Ok another problem on my way in game making =P
not sure if its my foult or the program's but here goes =P

Each time i try to import textures (and textures only) into novelty by importing - it crashes =P
well ok it aint so much of deal... as it imports evrything and then crashes =P but its getting kinda annoing =)
maybe i imported way too much or i dont know realy =P
some ideas how to fix it?

Edit: i even happens when i change the filter in some textures with Designer - oddly it crashes only from time to time... one time it works other ... well crash =P

Taishi

Postby ErikB » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:22 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Taishi » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:20 pm

And another easy to reproduce bug i found:
When making a stand-alone or for that matter just peviewing it as stand alone,
when you are im middle of a list of actions just as its set to fade somthing in or change visibility to show,
it ends up setting evrything thats visible in editor as visible from start (even if those are set to not be visible)

(from post to post i keep having more problems to type what i want to say... ^^" sorry =P )

Taishi

Postby Taishi » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Ok sorry for double posting... but it is to make this visible =)
Another bug found:
when importing textures, or for that matter any other things, the font (text) that is set to display dialogue will set the dafault text to the one that's selected when importing...
probably happens when refreshing the library - but thats just my though

If somthing is not clear i may try to explain it some how =P

Taishi

Postby daibushi » Thu May 21, 2009 4:22 pm

hello my name is daibushi am new here and wanted to learn to use the nevelty only when I test the "config.xml" missing and can not do anything or the designer can use!

please someone give me the xml.
Image[url]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_USPBziRflno/ShXesfsCd4I/AAAAAAAAAG4/JJmjswXUn1k/sign.jpg[/url]
daibushi

Postby ErikB » Thu May 21, 2009 5:40 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

thanks

Postby daibushi » Fri May 22, 2009 2:49 am

thank you get rid of a headache! be new is hard!
Image[url]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_USPBziRflno/ShXesfsCd4I/AAAAAAAAAG4/JJmjswXUn1k/sign.jpg[/url]
daibushi

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development