[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Bug reporting thread

Postby randomNinja » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:30 pm

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for making such an amazing application!
I've been waiting sooo long for something like this to come out ^__^

However, I've been trying to follow your video tutorial (http://www.visualnovelty.com/tutorials/1/) and I've continuously come up with the same problem.

Whenever I add a character, after adding the background... the character either doesn't show up, or is scrambled (see attachment).

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thank you very much :D
Attachments
novelty.jpg
randomNinja

Postby ErikB » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:12 pm

It's a glitch that sometimes occurs when you're working in a low resolution. If you change to a higher resolution the problem should disappear. In most cases the game will look fine when you play it as a stand-alone.

I'm working on a solution.

[Edit]
I found the problem and it will be fixed with the next update.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby pinkchan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:39 am

The save/load system doesn't really work?

I saved in the middle of various places in the Novelty Demo, and tried loading them-

1) Loading, regardless of where you saved, will simply restart the entire game.
2) If you load a save state while music is playing, the music will continue to play. If you continue to play the game as normal from the start menu, any music that the script calls for will play while the previous music continues to play. You can continue this an infinite number of times and really mess up the music.

Also, "save stand-alone" seems to have a bug. When I try to use the .exe file, it couldn't find "fmodex.dll", so I had to copy/paste fmodex.dll from the main novelty folder into the folder where the stand-alone game file was. That fixed the problem and allowed me to use the stand-alone file.

There were some more bugs while I was playing around with it, but those were the most critical ones that didn't appear to be reported by anybody else.

Looking forward to improved versions of Novelty! I'm amazed at how many things it can already do.
pinkchan

Postby ErikB » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:24 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Tsukiyo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:57 am

When attempting to run Novelty, I receive this error:

The instruction at "0x004ed92c" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
Tsukiyo

Postby DarckRedd » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:06 am

You may want to know that clicking on the "No menu template" hint for the 'show interactive menu' button results in a 404 error.
DarckRedd

Postby Duofan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:45 am

I just sent a stupid e-mail to Erik but I managed to create a game and I wanted to test it out but this appears:

I tried to create a Blank XML thing but perhaps I did not do it properly, is there some other way to fix this? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, I'm just so excited in creating a game I don't even think I'm going to sleep XD

Duofan

Postby Xoleum » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:33 am

found something in noveltyML:
The attribute rotation, which is used in <image> (appearantly inherited from Object)
is supposed to rotate the image in radians (according to the help files), but does so in degrees

to Duofan:
I think you might be doing it wrong, if you're done with your game in novelty, you should save it as a stand alone game (file -> save stand-alone,
or pressing the F12 key). this will create your game in the Build folder, located in your novelty folder. from there you can run your game.
Last edited by Xoleum on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xoleum

Postby ErikB » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:33 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Taishi » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:09 pm

WEll this will be more a sugestion than a bug:
it would be nice if the game would save changes when you build stand alone or test =P
just now i got a random crash during testing and poor all channges are rollbacked =)

Im the Astral Claw warrior
Taishi

Postby ErikB » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:29 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby zombieCANDY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:08 pm

When I put character images into my game, they show up fine... until halfway down the image where it's cut off. :\ I'm pretty sure I coded the object dimensions right, but this is what happens:

And also, if I run the stand-alone, then all characters disappear. Everything else works fine, it's just that the characters don't show up when they're supposed to.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I just fail really hard. "OTZ
zombieCANDY

Postby Taishi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:40 pm

Im the Astral Claw warrior
Taishi

Postby zombieCANDY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:29 pm

zombieCANDY

Postby ErikB » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:48 pm

The first problem is a graphical glitch. It only occurs with Canvas'es and Sets. It occurs when the size of the object is greater than the size of the editor window. The easy remedy is to just make the preview window larger. (Easy way is to hit Ctrl+Tab twice)

The reason why it doesn't show up in the stand-alone is not related to this glitch. It's a known bug but I thought I had fixed it already. Which version are you running?
Manually adding assets to the project is no longer necessary. The only case where that's needed is when you're creating objects via scripts.
Try this: In the Used-tab of the Asset library, right-click and select "Refresh". This will rebuild the asset dependency list.

If this doesn't solve the issue, then it might be due to another bug, which I've recently found and fixed and will be available soon.
ErikB
Novelty developer

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development