[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Bug reporting thread

Postby Avaible » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Novelty will crash when trying to copy a layer into the screen-section. While this is not supposed to work anyways it might be dangerous to let Novelty crash in case someone accidently tries to do that but didn't save beforehand.
Avaible

Postby Avaible » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:54 pm

When mirroring a Set-object it only works when the Set's opacity is 100%
If the opacity has any other value Novelty will un-mirror the Set when playing the game.
Avaible

Postby fleet » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:55 am

I remade one of my earlier visual novels using wmv files instead of animated GIFs. When I exported the game, only three of the six wmv files exported to the asset folder. I copied and pasted the other three wmv files to successfully play the VN on another computer.
I remember reading something here at the Novelty forum about only three video channels, but I thought that concerned playing the videos simultaneously (mine play one at a time).
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby tashi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:57 am

I can't save my projects. I am using Win 7 x64 Japanese edition. There were similar reports in this thread, the only suggestion being "try run as administrator." Even running as administrator, I am unable to save my work. There is no error. I have tried saving in many different destinations. I try multiple times, and the "save as" dialog remembers the filename I input, so there is some sort of success. But no file is actually saved.

I like how easy Novelty is to use, and would love to make some visual novels with it. If I could save my work. :/

*edit: using novelty 0.8.9 , downloaded a couple days ago from the main site.
tashi

Postby Avaible » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:23 pm

The Designer crashed when I choose the change colour trait for a Group. It contained three images, two of which used their own rotation trait. Also, the group itself was child to the state of a button.
I haven't been able to recreate the crush with a similiar composition so maybe it wasn't because of the added trait but concidence that something else went wrong at the same moment.
Avaible

Postby xxjaminko » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Certain objects consistently blink, for example, during stand-alone or testing, buttons on a screen wouldn't show up or they would be misplaced. I've tried this on multiple computers as well, only to get the same result. I'm not sure if it could be the file I'm using or if something within my specific Novelty program file became corrupted.

The attached image shows the screen fading it (and that's what it should look like), the second and third pictures are the blinking result after it has completely faded in. Sorry about the quality, I had to change the extension to JPG.
Attachments
Blinkingbug.JPG
xxjaminko

Postby Avaible » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:08 pm

When clicking on the eye next to an object in the Scene tab to make it visible or invisble, the tick in the checkbox of the objects visibility in it's property instructor is reversed. So, the tick vanishes when clicking on the closed eye to open it, and appears when clicking on the open eye to close it. Everything still works fine, it's just a little flaw in appearance.
Avaible

Postby Saint Vain » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm having a bug myself, here is the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1237
Saint Vain

Postby Yosei » Wed May 23, 2012 2:07 am

Novelty was working fine before I tried to open NoveltyML. NoveltyML did a Failed in Creating Direct3d device on me, and now when I try to open the usual Novelty program itself it does the same thing. Has this happened to anyone before? I'm using all the latest software already...

My Editorlog says this (but I'm not sure how to fix it since I've already got the most recent version of DirectX on a fairly new computer. I'm using Windows 7 Coherence with Imac. Should I download everything again? Thank you for any advice!

Novelty version: 0.8.9
Starting Scalari graphics engine
Fullscreen: No
Loading Direct3D
Detecting DirectX capabilities
Graphic adapter: Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)
Driver: prl_umdd.dll (8.14.10.15094)
Display: 1920x967 [FMT=0x000016]
Hardware acceleration test [ADPFMT=0x000016, BBFMT=0x000016]: Success!
Depth stencil format: 0x00004B
Hardware vertex processing: Yes
Pure device: Yes
Presentation interval: 0x000001
Pow2 restriction: No
Backbuffer size: 1920x967
Maximum backbuffer size: 8192x8192
Supports dynamic textures: Yes
Supports masks: Yes
Create device: Invalid call
Asking DirectX to detect optimal settings: 0x80040905
[Error] Failed to create Direct3D device
Yosei

Postby xxjaminko » Wed May 23, 2012 2:32 am

So, I have realized that my viewing issue (blinking objects) is a computer thing. It only happens with my specific laptop which uses Windows XP.

However, there is one other problem that occurs on all the OS's I have tried (windows XP, vista, and 7). There is a point in my game in which novelty crashes and force-closes. It's the same place every time (at a background change) and I'm not sure why. This background is in the assets in novelty and in the assets in the actual folder. The image is not corrupted as well. I'm not sure what might be the problem.
Last edited by xxjaminko on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxjaminko

Postby Scyer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Alright, I have a question regarding the editor. There's nothing like crashing going on. Unfortunately this means the logs are fairly empty. However, for some reason the editor thinks I'm clicking in a different area than I'm actually clicking in the Scene View window. For instance, I click the center and drag, but the area my mouse is detected in is off by 200x200 roughly. As a result, it becomes a guessing game to click and stretch objects in the scene view. I'm unsure what's the cause. I have an Nvidia-processor laptop using Windows 7 with all the latest updates, directX is installed and working (as far as I'm aware, both versions 10 and 9).

EDIT: Issue solved. Always make sure your video recording software is off. Playclaw was messing with the mouse detection in that particular window for some reason.
Scyer

Postby Phoxxxo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:07 am

Hi, new here - not sure if these two bugs have been reported before. Loving Novelty, otherwise! Looking forward to the pro version so I can buy it and start commercially releasing things.

Anyhow:

(1) When using the "shake object" or "shake camera" options - if a player is fast-forwarding through a sequence by holding SPACE (or clicking really rapidly) the object shaken can end up stuck part-way through its animation and end up out of place for the remainder of the scene - including the camera, which permanently displaces the whole screen sometimes. This, however, still goes away if you stop play and start again (or close and re-open the standalone.)

(2) When playing a finished game in the standalone, the EXE crashes if a player tries to resize the window. I realise that this may be a tricky bug to work around, but would it be possible to simply have an option to forbid window resizing? Apologies if this is a dumb question, Windows form-based design is not my forte.
Phoxxxo

Postby JassBefrold » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:06 am

-> I have created a menu page. With background music, and a start button, making noise when you pass the mouse on it. When you pass the mouse a lot of time on it, the background music just stop for no reason.

-> Sometimes, after exporting as a stand alone (compile or not) the "start" button don't make any noise.

-> When we use 2 times the fade in/out on the same object, this one forget to reset the position and move the object. I tried fade out slide left 100 and fade in slide right 100, the object still far away it own position.
JassBefrold

Postby Boyfriend » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:18 am

Has anyone else had the active Novelty screen move a little bit when they are working?By active screen I mean the area where the VN is displayed.
Of course closing Novelty and restarting solves this problem.But it will be a inconvenience in the future.

Along with that the mosaic filter,Novelty shows the text or whatever it is covering, if and only if you make the Novelty window small enough.

Have these problems been addressed already?
Is your kokoro ready? Mine is.
きらきらああーーー
Deviantart:
Boyfriend

Postby fleet » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:42 pm

I've had that happen to me, but not recently. Saving the project frequently seems to help.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development