[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Bug reporting thread

Postby fleet » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 am

Player.exe is the program that Novelty uses which allows you to play a visual novel that you have written. since you haven't written a VN using the novletyprogram, the player application couldn't find a game data file (the nvz file).

ver respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby ErikB » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 am

That's by design. Player.exe is used by Novelty and it's not meant to be run independently.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby n4d14 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:02 am

thanks fleet and erikb :D
n4d14

Postby xxjaminko » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:29 am

When I open my file for my project, it's normal. When I try to go to another page in another chapter, the program crashes. I'm thinking it may just be my computer, since this doesn't seem like an average problem for the program itself. Am I opening it wrong? I open it after I open novelty, through novelty.

By the way, other than this tiny error, this is an amazing program!
xxjaminko

Postby Avaible » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:10 pm

One cause of that could be that you're having some code written down in the Script editor which is invalid and causes Novelty to crash. That was often a problem for me in the past since I couldn't pin-point just what exactly is the cause of the crash. Turns out, I still don't know but from time to time it's enough to declare handles out of a method or event (meaning, out of { }) and Novelty will crash when you try to compile.

But that's more of an error with Angelscript, not so much Novelty.
Mind you, though, this is just a possibility for why Novelty fails when you try to do something in that project, it doesn't have to be the cause. Maybe you should open it on another computer which has Novelty installed and see if it still crashes.
Avaible

Postby xxjaminko » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:44 pm

xxjaminko

Postby Avaible » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:46 pm

In that case only Erik might be able to help you.
Avaible

Postby xxjaminko » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Ok, thanks for your help, Avaible. :)

I tried adding a page, since it has the same global layer as the pages that crash Novelty. I can edit the page when I add it since it starts me off there, but when I close it then open it again, I can't go to that newly made page. I played around with that page while I could and I couldn't find anything that might mess it up. I have tried on another computer, same problem (one has Windows XP and one has Vista, but it worked fine of XP before).

I just tried adding one of those pages onto the previous chapter though... and it was fine. I attached a picture of which one's work and which don't. And when I say don't work, I mean if I click on it in the Story Window, it crashes. So I can't move or delete the pages either. I'm not sure if this is a computer problem or a novelty problem, but it doesn't seem right since this has never happened before.

**edit**
I just decided to delete that chapter and remake it (my bad impatience) and now it's working. I don't know what the problem. :/
Attachments
crashing_pages.PNG
A screen shot of my story window
xxjaminko

Postby xxjaminko » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:28 pm

There's been a supposed bug Avaible and I found in setting the value of sliders.
It's the last couple of posts of this thread. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=977&p=6044#p6044
xxjaminko

Postby CeresBane » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:34 pm

So I created a save state in the game via a screen I made for saving and loading accessible via a button a made to open it on every story page.

When I tried to load the save I just saved with the load button. The game brain farts and closes.
I think it did this because I was already on the page

Shouldn't it simply close the screen and refresh the page?
La petite mort is northing compared to what I'm feeling right now...
CeresBane

Postby Avaible » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:15 pm

-- Not Relevant anymore --
Last edited by Avaible on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avaible

Postby Momiji » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Though im unsure if this has been made aware of or not i am unsure
i would go through and check but im in a hurry as i should be doing other stuff (not even got time to respond to my messages) but anyways

Desiger doesnt actually work proper through desktop shortcut
as said ur probberly aware of this anyway but i created a shortcut to designer.exe on the desktop a while back, for obvious easy access, now once before when using designer it kept failing to import files into the assets area, now this was to me just a spare of the moments bug i gathered was a one of so i ignored it. of course i had to re import the files i want to play with ect but the second time through instinc i used the origonal .exe file. the second time it did it i had more time free (more recently) and came to relise using the origonal .exe file i never encounter this problem but when using any shortcuts it always happens
This COULD be my bad though as i must say it likely is
simply i have my HD partitioned into 2 drives, C: <- is about 30GB (generally just for OS files and such) and D: <- this is my primary drive with endless amounts of space
theory says it should have anything to do with this BUT it is possible. My computer before when i tick "Create desktop item" when installing software sometimes creates it on the C drive *for some reason im unsure of* which obviously doesnt exisist unless i boot by C only. (well it does but you know wot i mean)
really simple way to try this is to create a shortcut to designer on the desktop, open the shortcut file on the desktop, try creating some new texture resource files from image files you never used (say just get some random good image and import it) and if it is a problem on my side you wont be presented with anything but the normal alert saying the file isnt in the assets folder and asking you if you wish to move it there
if however this is a issue you will get some error dialouge appear.
if this has been posted ignore it, as said i woulda checked but im in a hurry as im off to help some friends do something important.

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby skim » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:16 am

When I tried to cut multiple lines of dialogue in order to paste it elsewhere, the program crashed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bh7TEYUSIQ
skim

Postby Avaible » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:03 pm

When using Animations:
When Looping is set to reverse, the first Frame of the Animation is, starting from the first going back, omitted henceforth. I noticed when I tried to make an animated portrait of a character for a tutorial I'm planning to do.
Avaible

Postby Avaible » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:01 pm

When using hover/click sound for a button the sound will only play a finite number of times when playing the game inside Novelty. That number is not exactly small at around 70 times.
I don't know wether this is a bug, though, or intended (in that case, ignore the post) since this doesn't occur when playing as stand-alone.
Avaible

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development