[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Bug reporting thread

Postby rootbeerking » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Yeah, it's only when I tried opening it as a stand-alone.

http://www.projectffccg.com/jumparound/Testnvz.zip
rootbeerking

Postby ErikB » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:57 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Bug report

Postby gundead222 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:55 am

Actions: WAIT
WAIT: Forever

what happens is...

its doing the same effect as WAIT: until player input
I'll be testing every feature available in novelty, REASON: bugs annoy everyone
gundead222

Re: Bug report

Postby ErikB » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:36 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:22 am

Great work so far, fun to experiment with this while it is in development.

Suggestions:

IMPORTANT:
Need way to get user input by keyboard (Input user name for first person games)
Ability to make choices based on an image map (If you buffers the clicks this could replace keyboard input by putting up letters on a screen image map)
handlers for video assets
post current code version on download page and release notes

Helpful:
Lower CPU utilization in editor while inactive.
.ogg sound support
balance slider for vocal (for stage right/stage left)

It is very useful as is, but those items would really be nice eventually
Zen

Postby ErikB » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:44 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:01 pm

Outstanding. Took a few minutes of trial and error to understand how to use the input for character names. It is not clear you have to manually place brackets [ ] around the variable $name in the property boxes whenever used. This group of actions statements work:

$input = ("What is your name?")
Assign '$input' to $name
[$name]: Hi [$name]
Zen

Postby ErikB » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:51 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby yummy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:59 am

I continue with my happy testing.

I don't know if it's just me but I get some strange graphical errors when I load the demo I made earlier. Is it linked with the fact I've upgraded to the last version, meaning my old settings are now unreadable?
To answer this question I tested it from scratch.

I add a frame and a text layer on the scene.
I put a dialogue action and set the text layer behaviour so that it displays the dialogue with the character name.
The hint bubble tells me that there is no object that can display the dialogue.
Weird.

When I remove the name option, it works. Well, whatever.
I still fail to see how the word wrapping works too ^^;

There's an update problem when I add a "play vocal" action when the sound hasn't been added to the project yet.
I had to remove the play vocal action and readd it to make the update effective.
yummy

Postby dei » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 pm

Using the save functions in the menu or with hotkeys does not save the project. I am therefore unable to save anything. If needed I will provide my specs, but for now, I can't do anything.
dei

Postby ErikB » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:55 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby dei » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm still having this problem. Tips on how to fix it?
dei

Postby ErikB » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:27 am

I've tested the saving function and it's working correctly and the there's nothing in the code that would suggest otherwise.
Could you please explain what it is exactly you're doing and where it fails?
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby dei » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:10 am

I start a new project. I add a few things to it, some actions, some dialogue, some graphics. Then I go to the novel properties and edit those. Afterwards I save. Nothing new appears in the projects folder. Nothing.

Then again, it could just be I don't know where new projects are saved. Where are they saved, as in, where should the files appear?
dei

Postby dei » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:12 am

Nevermind, I figured out what I was doing wrong >.< I wasn't choosing "save as". . .
dei

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development