[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Bug reporting thread

Postby Avaible » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm not sure wether I understood you correctly, but I will try to help.

1. Right click on a action in the Action-Window, choose 'Cut'
Remember, actions can only be pasted into the Action Window itself, not in any of the other windows.
To paste it into the Action Window, select another Action (it will get highlighted blue) and Contr + v; it will be inserted after your selected action. You can change it's position using the vector-symbols of the Action Window.

2. It is possible that you have used 'Fade object' 'Change Object visibility' or 'Change layer visibility' somewhere and put the opacity of the object to 0% by accident.
Another possibility is that you have an image above the other objects and text boxes. Click on your page, go to 'Scene' and change the order of the objects - the top one will be shown on top of all others, the botton one at the botton most.

3. English is written with capital 'E' :P
Just say if we understood you incorrectly.

4. No problem.
Avaible

Postby fleet » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:12 am

Novelty's graphics sometimes act up if you don't have Directx 9 installed on your PC.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby oni123m » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:52 am

I still can't run standalone. When i run a standalone, in the debug window have this:

Failed to load G:\novelty_0.8.9\Temp\preview.nvz#zip:Assets\Textures\phong thi nghiem.jpg
Texture named 'phong thi nghiem': Unable to load source 'Assets\Textures\phong thi nghiem.jpg'
Failed to load G:\novelty_0.8.9\Temp\preview.nvz#zip:assets\textures\borders\border02.png
Texture named 'tex_border02': Unable to load source 'assets\textures\borders\border02.png'
Failed to load texture resource: tex_border02
Failed to load G:\novelty_0.8.9\Temp\preview.nvz#zip:Assets\Textures\phong thi nghiem.jpg
Texture named 'phong thi nghiem': Unable to load source 'Assets\Textures\phong thi nghiem.jpg'
Failed to load G:\novelty_0.8.9\Temp\preview.nvz#zip:assets\textures\borders\border02.png
Texture named 'tex_border02': Unable to load source 'assets\textures\borders\border02.png'
Failed to load texture resource: tex_border02
Failed to load G:\novelty_0.8.9\Temp\preview.nvz#zip:Assets\Textures\lab_colour copy.jpg
Texture named 'lab_colour copy': Unable to load source 'Assets\Textures\lab_colour copy.jpg'
Failed to load texture resource:

But i can "play novel from beginnig" with no problem.
Here is my nov file(26 mb):
http://www.mediafire.com/?6ns21c2rtf2z7rf
oni123m

Postby Blue moon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:53 am

(sorry for my bad grammar)
I have a problem, when i exported game as stand-alone, it didn't export all the resource.
for example, i have installed 2 files rain.ogg and fire.ogg as SE, but when export, sometime rain.ogg wasn't exported and sometime fire.ogg wasn't either. And sometime none of them were exported. I have tried many time but it's all the same. :(
Blue moon

Postby MTG18 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:47 am

I've been working in Novelty 0.8.9, and have been having some issues (sorry if someone else has already asked about these already and I missed the post) ;_; I'm not sure if these are bugs or resolutions issues on my end though

1.When I go to set one of the backrounds that comes pre-loaded into the library, only two or three will actually work (the rest will simply show up as black)

2.Alot of the times when I finish a page then move onto another, the backround for the first page will dissapear and then refuse to reappear (it just shows black.)

3.Most of the pre-loaded characters don't show up on the screen when I add them to the cast and scene, but the bounding boxes are there (just no character in the bounding boxes). I've checked the visibility, so I know I'm not just accidentally switching the visibility off

4.Sometimes the pre-loaded text display frame just pops up as a white box, and even when I change the color of the text, it won't show. (I've found that making the text display frame invisible gets rid of the problem, but then my text is just floating in mid-air)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! ;_;
MTG18

Postby Cerulean » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:27 am

Okay, I think I found a bug or two and I think one of them has already been mentioned, but I'll mention it again in more detail.

1. When I try to 'cut' instead of 'copy' actions from the Novel Tab to the Scene Tab, Novelty crashes consistently. I am not sure if this is consistent on other pages or tabs though. So for now, I am just copying and pasting the actions in and deleting the others later.

2. However, I can't use the 'Add dialogue/paragraph' action in the Scene Tab. I can't paste it in from the Novel Tab either. What I am trying to do is give players the option to fade in and out a stats menu when a player clicks on a button (from the Novel Tab) to show how well they're doing instead of having the menu obstruct the story in the corner of the game. Is it because Scenes aren't just supposed to have dialogue at all (a few other actions don't seem to work either)?
Cerulean

Postby Avaible » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Sorry but, what do you mean with 'Scene Tab' and 'Novel Tab'? I'm sure they have other names. Or do you indeed mean the Scene/Novel Tab of the Story window? But then there couldn't be any actions at all ... that's what the Action window is for.

2. Again, I'm not too sure what you mean, but it sounds like you need a Screen with Text, right? That is possible.
Avaible

Postby Cerulean » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Sorry, let me try to clarify. I meant 'Screen' instead 'Scene.' My head keeps substituting Scene for Screen for some odd reason. In the Screen Tab of the Story Window, let's say I want to create a Screen with a help message or something, so I create a screen. Now I just need a message. However, when I go over to the Actions window and try to insert an action such as a dialogue, nothing happens. The Author Mode doesn't work either. So I am wondering, does the Screen tab only allow specific actions?

However, I discovered yesterday that it's possible to right click and add a Text Object... so I guess it's okay but I'm just curious why I can't do certain actions in the Screen tab.
Cerulean

Postby Avaible » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:06 pm

^^

Well, there's no bug then.

You see, before you can write text you first need an text-object ;)

That's the same for pages, threads.

Add a text-object to your page, right-click on it, go to 'traits', then 'story' and then click on 'Show Dialogue/Paragraph'.
Now you can freely write whatever you want using Dialogue-actions or the Author-mode.
Last edited by Avaible on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:50 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Avaible

Postby Cerulean » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:31 am

Cerulean

Postby Avaible » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:53 pm

Whenever I use the rotation-trait on one of my objects, the from ° to ° always resets to 0.000245887° to 0° after I enable/disable the preview in the editor, or load the project after starting Novelty.

It's nothing big, but it bothers me.
Avaible

Postby jfire125a » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:59 pm

jfire125a

Postby nuke_bloodaxe » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:26 am

hmmm, sounds like a unicode problem there. Could you clarify as to which Windows OS versions you have tested it on?

@Erik, do you have a technet subscription? You could setup a small pile of virtualbox instances with the different builds, and run checks across them.
nuke_bloodaxe

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development