[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Novelty development thread

Novelty development thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Novelty development thread

Postby ErikB » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:10 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby skim » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:17 pm

oO I know it might be tough to put a date on things of this nature, but can we have an estimate on when the next version of Novelty will be?
I'm hesitant to develop any games with Novelty because I continue to crash it (I can't remember where exactly.. I had posted about it somewhere...)
I'm looking forward to the next (hopefully more stable) version of novelty :)
skim

Postby ErikB » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Hopefully not much longer. We're in crunch mode at work since we need to deliver the completed game by next friday so my free time is strictly limited. Once that deadline passes I should be able to take a breather and wrap this version up.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby lyminh99 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:34 pm

i have just registered a short time ago and i'm from VietNam. i don't know if i say something wrong because my English isn't very good.

I really like your Novelty. Really good that it make me begin to think of learning XML code for advanced. I want to do at least an project VN with it (and with my friend) and make it as good as i can. i have many question to ask but i think i will come this first.

Can i create a option setting system (such as full screen, 1024*768, 800*600, audio (lighten the music, bgm, voice), CG, replay scene) with this ver of Novelty now?
lyminh99

Postby Avaible » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:03 pm

It is certainly possible to do all those things (if you're good enough), but I don't think XML will get you that far if you want to enable the user to choose which settings he wants to have. Sounds more like Angelscript, CG should be possible to a degree with the visual interface and actions.

Anyways, this is not exactly the right thread for such questions I think. It would be more fit for the Basement.
Avaible

Postby lyminh99 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:49 am

lyminh99

Postby Soul Rokkuman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:37 am

I saw the new version is ready. But I have some questions abouy how to replace folders. I mean, I'm still working in Sonata of Slumber. What will happen if I use the new version of Novelty? I will lost all my work? I was thinking in replace the Assets and Projet folder, since all my characters, music and projects are in those folders.

:C Dunno what to do.

Some help, please? ;C
Soul Rokkuman

Postby ErikB » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:34 am

No you do not want to replace the folders entirely. You can however overwrite the individual files within those folders. All but the ones you've created yourself.

I doubt I've added much in terms of content since the last version so you should be fine skipping them.

I generally recommend you always make a backup copy of all your important work before updating.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby darkcore09 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:41 am

I don't know if I'm still dumb working whith Novelty or there's something that can be improved in the assets library.
I used to work whith the RPG Maker XP and it was awesome how you could just drop the files you were going to use directly in your project folders. Here I must import the files whith Novelty and they end up in the same folder as the files I use for other projects. Then, if I want to delete the files I'm not longer using, it goes like this: Textures, Imported, Right-clic the file, "Remove from library", "This will permanently... Accept", "The asset library has been refreshed. Accept", repeat (because the expanded folders collapse again). Yeah, I can also import files as a package, but if I do that then maybe later I'll want to add more pictures to my project and will have to pack them all again.
Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes, I hope you can understand what I tried to explain, and if there's something that I still don't know about the assets library to simplificate all the mess I'm doing, please tell me. Also don't be mean to me because I'm still a newbie (no one has been yet but I'm still afraid ^^), I'm just trying to learn and help the development of Novelty. Thanks!
darkcore09

Postby Avaible » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:09 am

We don't plan on eating you, don't be afraid :twisted:

No, really, we have no intentions of being mean to anyone here, so don't worry.
And one can understand what you mean, while at least I can't help you with that. I only worked with the standard-assets so far, for the sake of trying things out. Sorry I'm not of much help, but I hope you aren't scared anymore.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:41 am

Attachments
novelty89.png
novelty90.png
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Nice new avatar;)
But the previous one looked cuter.

Now we can write ML in Scripts, wow. Maybe I should spend some time on how to use ML, since I never really needed it before. But sounds like a lot of fun.

And I love the GetTime()-functionality - will make things easier for sure.

All in all, nice going! Keep it up.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Considering the amount of fanboyism I have for Hatsune Miku I decided to change my avatar, one that wasn't too girly.

In my puzzler I make the board by creating multiple copies of a gem object using the scripts. That enables me to change the board size and randomize colors, etc.
I'm also generating some squares so I can highlight individual rows and columns.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:42 pm

Well, the new one is good too. Nice atmosphere.

I see, I had an idea for something similiar some time ago but wasn't sure how to make copies of the object I want while still being able to access each copy individually. I'm still not sure, but now I know that it's absolutely possible at least. In the end I just manually made the copies I needed and named them differently, but I wasn't quite satisfied with that way.

But your game sure looks like a nice little pastime.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:45 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development