[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Novelty development thread

Novelty development thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Novelty development thread

Postby nuke_bloodaxe » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:20 am

Suggestion for implementation of above animation:
Film-strip, the XML contains a list of the images, and has a value for the speed of the playback for the images.
This allows XML objects of animated collections to be selected as loops for an action ( like passing the mouse over a hot-spot ) or given moment in the scene. I would imagine that with a little work it would allow a character to animate depending on what buttons you were pushing on a panel without using multiple pages.

However, my betting is that this is already in the works ;)
nuke_bloodaxe

Postby ErikB » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:58 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Coatl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:16 am

Coatl

Postby nuke_bloodaxe » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:42 am

I'll have to read the documentation again, I've gotten horribly out of touch :)
nuke_bloodaxe

Postby LordMeow » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:30 am

Have you considered to port the Player to Linux or even Nintendo DS? If y ou have, I can be of some help or even port it myself.
LordMeow

Postby ErikB » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:43 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby LordMeow » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:38 pm

LordMeow

Postby Coatl » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:03 pm

I wouldn't mind playing a vn on my psp's widescreen however reading a VN on itouch/iphone, PSP and DS seems to be a strain in the eyes. I guess that's why they add other game elements such as puzzles, fighting, rpg, ect.

well someone should get the PSP toolkit and see if we can make an engine that matches the criteria in order to make it compatible.

Same with Ds is we can figure out how to make a DS-Compatible engine, we can for sure make use of the touchscreen for some game.
Coatl

Postby ErikB » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Visual novels are not a problem on a PSP or a DS. The DS has a smaller screen but that didn't stop the Phoenix Wright series from being awesome. Those games demand your full attention when reading the text.

If I could develop for a handheld I would not do it as a homebrew project because it limits the potential users to only people with cracked hardware. I also suspect there's a small degree of download-try-forget mentality within those groups of people that isn't very rewarding for a developer.

PS. The Novelty VN-engine would not run on a DS, but conceptually it could.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby LordMeow » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:50 am

LordMeow

Postby ErikB » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:44 pm

Here's something that's been a while coming. Portraits!
Attachments
novelty_portrait.png
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Coatl » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:33 am

Coatl

Postby Hyperguy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:15 am

I understand that developing Novelty games is done in Windows because that's where the tools for developing them reside. But would it be possible to make it so completed games could be run in a web browser?
Hyperguy

Postby ErikB » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:07 am

Maybe. I'm toying with the idea of porting the engine to . While it's the perfect candidate, it would still mean that I would have to rewrite the entire engine and that would take a long time.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Ira » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Ira

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development