[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Novelty development thread

Novelty development thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Novelty development thread

Postby lyminh99 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 am

I have one 3G don't know can run this game or not... :?:
lyminh99

Postby ErikB » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:17 pm

It runs fine on 3GS and we we've been working hard to get it to run smoothly on the 3G too. I'm not sure of the progress on that but it's definitely a high priority.
I've got some optimization tasks myself that should aid that process.

We're so close now. I'm coming home exhausted every day but it's been really fun.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby cidthekitty » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:56 pm

hi, sorry if this isnt the place to ask this. but i was wondering if novelty games can be run on macs?

current progress: Chris is finished. Currently working on Mason, Kitsu, Megan, and Jeremy's route. Chris and MC sprites are finished.
cidthekitty

Postby fleet » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby cidthekitty » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:00 pm

oh thats too bad, thanks for answering my question :)

current progress: Chris is finished. Currently working on Mason, Kitsu, Megan, and Jeremy's route. Chris and MC sprites are finished.
cidthekitty

Postby SAGA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:26 am

I guessing I’m not the only one wonder how the development off visual novelty are going so I rather ask on the forum than in a private pm about how the development of visual novelty are going.

It was some time since I last heard any news on the forum or twitter about it.
(If I haven’t miss something)

I understand if ErikB has full up with bout create IPhone games and managing the company he is a part owns of and that that is priority.

I am to begin the “programing” for the game our team are developing and I would like to know if it’s possible that novelty 1.0 are finish before we are (maybe about 1 year) or if I need to look elsewhere for a solution.

I don't want to sound like I am criticizing. And I really love novelty.

(Sorry if my English are hard to understand it’s not my native language)
SAGA

Postby ErikB » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:26 am

I actually have another version ready to go. I'm just waiting for the opportunity/time to finalize it. Time has been a rare commodity for me these past months.

Unlike before, I've been unable to make time for my own projects. As the co-founder of a new company I have a salary of exactly $0. To make ends meet, me and my partners entered a government program for start-ups that gives us a small amount each month to afford rent and groceries, but with a time limit of six months. So we've had a six month long fuse burning at our feet and we all decided to spend that time the office making games.

I am receiving my last benefit payment in September, so time's almost up. But I'm really proud of what we've achieved during these six months. Our first game is done, ready to be published on the iTunes store. Everyone that has played it have loved it, including other game development professionals. We have signed with a publisher for our second game, currently in development. We're almost at the point where we can lose the crutches and walk on our own legs, as a company. If not, well, then the ride has been fun.

As for Novelty 1.0, I can't really give you a time estimate. It all depends on what happens the coming months.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Moonya » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 am

Oooh, may I be the first to congratulate you with that first game? I really hope it is going to be a success for you, and as for a new version of novelty, sinds I am a novelmaker for my own fun I already have heaps of fun with this novelty, and patience is supposed to be a virtue, so I can sit back and wait patiently for the new version to come out :D
Moonya

Postby ErikB » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Thank you. I'm sure I'll write a post about it once it comes out (which should be very very soon).
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Avaible

Postby Momiji » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:14 am

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby Nejisa » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:16 am

Hi~

Well, first i have to apologize for my bad english, i´m not english native speaker but i´ll try my best.

I want to thank, first, for all your efforts in the development of NOVELTY, i really appreciate it.
Second, i want to tell you a few things:

Some time ago i decide to a visual novel myself, so i began searching for a engine that allows me to do it. I first came across with novelty, thanks to a spanish anime forum, and later found "Ren´py". Anyways, after study a lot about both softwares i decided to use novelty since i found it more useful in many things, especially when talking about dialogue stuff... whatever, i decided to use novelty and began learning how to do it properly and knowing all its benefits and designer language. Until now i have been able to manage almost every option and stuff but, naturally, i too found that there is a lot of things that novelty still lack off, like the CG galleries option, a properly developed save/load screen and the post-game options.

I know that you are doing your best and i really appreciate your work, it´s really incredible that you have done all this great work in such few time, with such a easy programming language, beautiful design and a tidy interface.

Then, what i want to know is if there is a posibility that it will be any soon a more complete realease of the engine, so that i can wait until it happens while i take charge of many other stuffs. I know this mey sound pushy, but what i really want to know is a possibly date of the next realease, for example: next year, december, two moths, one month, one year. For some reasons i have to choose if i use novelty or any other VN engine, but i want to do it myself and i really want to know if i can just trustfully wait or i better look the other way and try Novelty later.

Thanks a lot and sorry again for my bad english.

Nejisa.
Nejisa

Postby Momiji » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Your english was fine and easy to read so dont worry to much

the bottom post by Erik in that topic does address you to a area of a degree. he mentions a new version may be coming soon'ish (maybe a few months) of course i cant assure this, its simpily speculation

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby Halca » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:46 pm

Speaking of phones, would it be possible for Novelty to be able to have games ported to iPhone etc.? :shock:
Halca

Novelty & Netbook

Postby skim » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:15 am

I work with novelty very carefully on my netbook.
A little bump and a shove and the program closes, so I try to only modify the dialogue and to save very frequently.

The screen is also quite cluttered in the netbook since it's only 1024x600, but it's not impossible to use.

My netbook is an ASUS eee with an intel atom N550 dual Core (1.5GHz), Next-Gen NVIDIA ION Discrete Graphics, and it Windows 7 32bit.
I believe I have 2GB of ram in her~
Attachments
nolvetye.jpg
skim

PreviousNext

Return to Support & Development