Novelty development thread

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Re: Novelty development thread

Postby ErikB » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:47 am

My own netbook has since been going sick and is in the slow painful process of dying altogether, but it was always my intention to support netbooks and small screens.

But it's very hard to fit everything on such a small screen. 1024 is okay, but it's the 600px vertical space that's the worst. So laying out things horizontally helps but I recommend that you use the workspace feature. The idea is that you can put the windows you need for (example) authoring and assign that to Alt+1 and have another workspace when you show other windows related to other task as Alt+2, and so forth.

As for the instability, I need to look into that. I have 2 gigs on my dev computer so it can't be that.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Zeomak » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Well I have used novelty for almost as long as it is out and I did finish my first game with it on a Netbook with 1024x600 screen. It was all ok. All I did was putting the Events on the right side and everything else on the bottom. That way it was more then pleasurable to work with it.
Zeomak

Postby nellmee » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:17 am

HI!
Ok i've been using this for about a month... I still cant figure out how to add actors.
see in my current game, all my actors are really BG images that I had made into actors...
But i still can't figure out how to add an actor.
Read, Love, Learn
nellmee

Previous

Return to Support & Development