[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Um... I kinda need help?!!!

Um... I kinda need help?!!!

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Um... I kinda need help?!!!

Postby mechasally » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:29 am

Okay, well I am making a visual novel called "The Palace Of Lost Souls" which I've been working on and I am making a scenario where you have to click on somewhere on the screen for it to go on the next page and since I'm kinda new on this I really need help... Am I suppose to add a sample script or idk :o :( :oops:
mechasally

Re: Um... I kinda need help?!!!

Postby Avaible » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:16 am

Welcome to the forum,

So, to clarify, do you want the player to click anywhere at all on the screen to continue to the next page? Or a certain area? Or a button?

For the first case, there's the 'wait'-action, just set the option in the property inspector to 'wait until button is clicked'.
In the second case there're hotspots for that.
Right click on your scene -> new object -> hotspot. Drag and resize it how you want it; it will be shown as a blue square for you, but is invisible when the game's actually playing (so the player won't see the hotspot but only what's behind it, your pictures e.g.).
Again, you can set the properties of it in it's property manager. Scroll down to find the Event 'When clicked' and set it to 'change page' and then designate the page you want to change to when the player clicks on the hotspot.
For the third, well, I suppose take a look at the tutorials. It's basically the same as with the hotspots, except that buttons aren't invisible to the player.
Avaible

Postby mechasally » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Thank you >.< ,

I actually wanted them to click on a certain place on the screen for example an object. Could I place a button over the object and change the opacity so that it appears like the user is clicking on the object when in fact they're actually clicking on the button.
mechasally

Postby Avaible » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Yeah, that's possible. Just uncheck 'Visible' under 'Appearance' in the property inspector of the button.
Avaible

Postby mechasally » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:23 am

Thank you >.<
mechasally

Return to Support & Development