[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Movie file as title screen?

Movie file as title screen?

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Movie file as title screen?

Postby MonocledGentlewoman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Would it be possible to have an .avi file or something similar as the title screen background?
MonocledGentlewoman

Re: Movie file as title screen?

Postby 8oni » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:56 am

It's possible. :)
Just make sure that you put the video on bottom on Scene layer so it didn't cover the menu/button etc
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby Vixeria » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Me: I'm going to turn those frowns into smiley faces. I don't like my honey buns to be sour.
Him: And I don't like my tootsie roll pop crushed.
Me: O.o
Vixeria

Postby 8oni » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:51 pm

If you click on Title page->Scene you can see that the layer on it isn't the global layer like the layer on Page 1 and so on, so what you put there should only show up on Title page.
I make video object and I put Wait with option 'Wait forever' so even if the video stop playing it wouldn't move to the other Chapter.
I put my video objet on the bottom so it will become the background as requested.
And this is how it would looks like when you play the vn.
I have try and the video will playing just fine even if you click one of the button on Title page.
On the picture above I click Continue button and it open the Load Screen but after I click Exit [X] to back on Title page the video still playing just fine.

Hope this help :)
8oni

Postby Vixeria » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:33 am

Attachments
Untitled.png
See how the movie file opened up in a different window? The VN is playing, but the movie file opens in a different window on the side. I can't figure out how to keep it on the background.
Me: I'm going to turn those frowns into smiley faces. I don't like my honey buns to be sour.
Vixeria

Postby 8oni » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Try put the video that you want to play on Assets folder. I just realized that you didn't put the video on Assets folder. Maybe it will work then. If this doesn't work then I can't help then :(
8oni

Postby Vixeria » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Vixeria

Postby Avaible » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:17 pm

@Vixeria
Try taking out the blanks from your movie file path. (e.g. If you have a folder called 'This folder' without the ' , then rename it to Thisfolder). This is an known issue for why things with movies don't work in Novelty (although no guarantee that this will make it work).
Avaible

Postby Vixeria » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:49 am

Vixeria

Postby Avaible » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Sure. The file path of your video file (file path something like this: C:\..\..) is, taken from your screen shot, ..\Novelty STUFF\Novelty Videos\Feathers1.avi
So try taking out the blanks, the empty spaces, from that path, like ..\NoveltySTUFF\NoveltyVideos\Feathers1.avi
Basically, change the names of your folders to exclude blank spaces.
Avaible

Postby Vixeria » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:58 am

Vixeria

Postby Avaible » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Too bad, sorry to hear that.
The only other thing I can think of is to shorten the path (put it in a higher level folder of your file path) - that was the problem for me once, but unlikely to solve this case.
Avaible

Postby 8oni » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:56 pm

8oni

Postby fleet » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:57 pm

wmv format videos also work in Novelty.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby 8oni » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:03 am