Installing Help

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Installing Help

Postby DragonGamer0713 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:51 am

I would like to say up front, that this issue has nothing to do with DirectX program. That's already installed and working fine. This is a different issue all together.

Having just downloaded Novelty several days ago, I tried to extract the compressed folder all of the contents were in and it came up with an error, stating "Cannot Complete the Compressed (zipped) Folders Extraction Wizard. The compressed (zipped) folder is empty. Before you can extract files, you must copy files to this compressed folder. To close Wizard, click 'Finish.'"

I was confused at first and checked the properties of the folder and noticed that it was far from empty; it has 9.57 MB (10,041,917 bytes) inside of it. So, I figured it was my extraction Wizard, so I downloaded the trial of Win-Zip and the same thing happens...I don't get it.

Please help me find a solution to this problem. Is is a possible glitch in the updated version or the most recent? I don't know, but I want to fix it so I can get to work on a project I want to do.

Thank you so much for helping me out!
Who am I? Tomboy, Navy sailor, otaku, dragon lover, creative writer, video game nerd...just to name a few~
DragonGamer0713

Re: Installing Help

Postby fleet » Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 am

Hello. The zip file for the current version of Novelty (Version 0.8.9) should be 35,231 KB. It appears your download was incomplete. Try downloading again.
The zipped filename is novelty_0.8.9.zip.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Return to Support & Development