[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Mist

Mist

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Mist

Postby fleet » Sat May 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Is there a way to make mist gradually appear? I can use the fade in action to get it to appear, but it doesn't fade in, even when I set the time delay. The fade in action works fine on other graphic objects.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: Mist

Postby 8oni » Sun May 19, 2013 4:42 pm

I think it's not possible. I even try change the opacity using script but it doesn't work. Maybe because it's a group? I can't also change the rain. Guess the weather on Novelty is already default? :|
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby fleet » Wed May 22, 2013 3:21 am

I figured out how to gradually bring Mist into a scene.
Insert the Mist object, and in the Scene tab, click on the eyeball icon to the right of Mist to hide it.
Add the Fade action from the Action catalog to the Action window.

In the Property Inspector, select the Mist object, set the Fade action to Fade OUT.
Still in the Property Inspector, set the slide in/out to slide up.
Set the slide distance to 900.
Set the time as desired (I used 5 seconds).
I put a check mark in the "Wait to complete' box.

:D
fleet

Postby 8oni » Wed May 22, 2013 4:13 am

8oni

Postby 8oni » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:12 am

So, after a years I finally get to make a moving mist. At least it looks realistic for me. So this is for fleet.
It's just short video. If you didn't use Photoshop then well, I try to use GIMP but I am failed at it so ahem, anyway you just need to use any kind of brush that looks good enough as mist on black bg then save it as PNG so you get transparent bg and put it on Novelty.
No need for script at all for this one :)

Hope this is useful for fleet and anyone else who want to make moving mist in Novelty :)
8oni

Postby fleet » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:18 pm

Neat idea!
fleet

Return to Support & Development