Backgrounds disappear when loading savefile

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Backgrounds disappear when loading savefile

Postby poep » Sat May 18, 2013 5:41 pm

When playing the game, either in Novelty itself, stand-alone, or an exported version of the game, there's not problem saving. But when I load up the savefile, everything is there but the background. When the background changes to a new background the new one appears with no problem.

I tried re-importing the backgrounds and adding them to project resources, but nothing helped solve this issue. Any ideas?
poep

Re: Backgrounds disappear when loading savefile

Postby Krescentwolf » Sun May 19, 2013 4:02 am

This is a problem i've run into from time to time...

and i -think- it has to do with the fade-in fade-out function. Novelty doesn't seem to like savegames that are saved when these commands are being executed...

Far as I can tell, the best thing you can do is simply make sure to save in a spot where the BG, Text, and even BGM's have fully displayed themselves... then it should be safe to save.
'Phantasmagoria - The Record of Modern Magic'
A Project CoR Visual Novel
See my blog at: http://projectcor.blogspot.com/
Krescentwolf

Postby poep » Sun May 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem for me: No matter where I save, it won't load the background. I've tried to save in the middle of a scene where the background finished fading in long ago and waited for the text to finish being 'typed' too, but it still loaded the file without displaying the background.
poep

Postby 8oni » Sun May 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Looks like you can only have 1 bg per 1 page. If you set the bg via Property Inspector and save-load it will show up with no problems. [Click the Page and check the Custom background option then set the bg that you want]
The change background on Action catalog seems still has a bug(?) [read here for more information: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1313&p=8097]]
Eric says he will take a look at it so let's wait. In the mean time you can change page when you change bg :)
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby poep » Mon May 20, 2013 1:46 am

Thank you. Gonna be a lot of work in my case though (Hundreds of backgrounds), so I guess I'll leave that as a last resort and pray Eric will push out an update for the first time in years before I'm done with the game. :P
poep

Return to Support & Development