Fighting/Interface/Leveling System

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Fighting/Interface/Leveling System

Postby Babbles45 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:24 am

I'm looking for a way to create a fighting system, level-up system, team system, and a technique system.
By team system I mean a way for the Player to recruit fighters. Sort of like in a Pokémon game when the first Pokémon dies the next one is up.
I was thinking of someway to create an interface of all the fighters, or characters in general with their portraits, data, and levels.

So if anyone could give me a helping hand I'd appreciate it!
Babbles45

Re: Fighting/Interface/Leveling System

Postby fleet » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Check out Avaible's combat system.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1061
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: Fighting/Interface/Leveling System

Postby 8oni » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:46 pm

First I will suggest you to make the interface first. Maybe on Photoshop or Paint or whatever application that you work best with. Make sure you leave some place for the portrait. After that you can start working on the script. One step at first.
This thread is a good example of level-up system that you are asking : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=274&hilit=level+point
Based on what you are asking I can tell that your game is gonna be a complex one. On that case its better if you make sure what you want/need to do first.
For example :
*What's the size of my game?
*Where will I put the interface that has all the character information? On stage or on screen? <--- if it's on stage so user can see always see it then the first [game size] have to be considered, you don't want the 'mob' that you fight is buried by all those level hp and etc right? If it's on screen then you can use up all those place on stage.
*How the fighting scene is gonna be? <--- will it change place? If it's then you will using new page, special page just for fighting. Will it have some transition effect to make it look cool?
There is more but I don't want to make it more complex. [See, this is a reason I make short vn, I tend to think too much :lol: ]
tl;dr;
Make your own interface first. I'm not that pro to help you with the fighting system, level-up system, team system, and a technique system yet, but at least I can help you with the interface and make it show the data and the portrait :)
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Support & Development