A few questions...

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

A few questions...

Postby MonocledGentlewoman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:23 pm

1. How would you go about making an 'affection meter' like in a dating sim? And how would you program it to effect the ending you get? I can't figure it out.

2. A bit of a stupid question but... how do I hide the text box? In the demo, it starts off hidden and then slides into the shot, but I can't work out how to do it. I'd appreciate the help!

3. Related to the above, how does one edit the way names are displayed above the text box? I love the template the box uses in the demos so I tried to use it, but it makes the names look really awkward, as they're hard to see.
MonocledGentlewoman

Re: A few questions...

Postby 8oni » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Again, I'm answering for people who might read this thread.
1. Using property binding you can easily make something like 'affection meter'. This 'meter' can have a variable attached to it and based on that variable you can decide what ending people will get. I have make a sample about it, a small vn where you have to answer 5 question and each answer will affect your 'love bar'. It have 3 ending depending on what your answer is. And when you play it you can see that when you answer wrong the 'bar' will decreased. I have included the file project (*.nov) and the property binding used on it [*.nml] and the image (*.png) on it and the exe too. Feel free to examine it and use it, and please comment if there is something wrong on it.
When you answer the prev question right the bar is normal
When you answer the prev question wrong the bar is decreased
Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?cb36w12io2j4sto
2. Uncheck the visible option on Appearance tab on text box/whatever UI that you want to hide. [I make the text box on upload file above like what OP ask on this thread. So feel free to check it ]
3. You just click the name and change what you want to change on Property inspector

[It's late and I'm sleepy so I don't check the grammar... Hopefully someone can find this helpful... ]
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Support & Development