[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Stand-alone Player crashes

Stand-alone Player crashes

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Stand-alone Player crashes

Postby Meian » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:35 am

First of all: Hello everybody. Nice to meet you. ^^

I'm currently working on a visual novel using Novelty 0.8.9 Beta.
The editor loads properly, so does the designer, but I lately discovered that whenever I try to export the game and open it or play it as stand-alone in the editor, the player crashes. I have DirectX 9.0c installed, running on a Toshiba Satellite M30 laptop (yeah, it's a little older) with Microsoft XP Professional. The graphic chip on board is a NVidia GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M. So much for the basic hardware Novelty is running on my laptop.

When exporting the game it appears some fonts aren't exported, but other than that there's no further error.

The Editor.log.txt reads this:

While... Huh? Whatever the reason, after closing Novelty and trying to run the game again it actually works. O___o"
Umm... o-kay? It seems the player won't run when Novelty is still running too. Is it just me or is it actually a bug?
Nevermind that. In fact I'm really happy now. :D
Even though the post seems a little redundant right now, I'll post it nevertheless in case other people who've encountered the same problem find it useful.

Ah... But there still seems to be a problem when I'm trying to close the player it crashes. Strangely I can't see any information about it in the log files.
I'm not sure if it's already a known issue since I wasn't prepared for that. I assumed that maybe my laptop was too old to fully support all requirements and in the least would share another unsupported graphic card.
Meian

Return to Support & Development