[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Sudden Font Change

Sudden Font Change

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Sudden Font Change

Postby DDD » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Long time no post! I'm still working very hard on my visual novel and I think it's coming along quite nicely! :)

I was working on it yesterday and decided that the font was much too large (two lines of text to fill the box). I changed the text to a smaller size (three lines of text to fill the box), but because of the change, I had a lot of gaps in my text. I spent the entire day copying and pasting text in order to fill in the three-line dialogue box with my smaller text. I FINALLY finished it late last night, but when I began to work on it today, I noticed that for whatever reason, it now fits FOUR lines of text instead of three! Was there an update or something? What happened? Why did it change? I didn't touch anything after I saved the night before!

The font is now too small and the gaps are back! Three lines of text was perfect, but now I'm stuck with four. I don't want to spend another full day copying and pasting the text to fill up the box, especially when it was perfect at three lines. Can someone help me out? :(
DDD

Re: Sudden Font Change

Postby skim » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:26 pm

show us! post screenshots.
skim

Postby DDD » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:39 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have screenshots of when it was three lines of text, since I wasn't expecting it to suddenly change to four...

Here's what it looks like right now though:
1. http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff69 ... tsize1.jpg
2. http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff69 ... tsize2.jpg

Also, when I'm writing, I type right into the dialogue box and if it fills up, add a NEW dialogue box underneath and finish my sentence in there. This is why I have to copy and paste lines in my story when the font changes (and why there are gaps). Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way I should be writing?

When it comes down to it, I don't mind writing the way I am if the text appears normally. I'd really just like to change the font size to make it three lines of text again - so long as it doesn't change on me in the future!

Ideas? :cry:
DDD

Postby skim » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Grab the font box and drag up the bottom so that it's shorter.
This way, there will only be room for 3 lines of text.
skim

Postby DDD » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:37 am

Will that be applied to all of the pages, or will I have to adjust every single box? If I have to adjust all of them separately, I might as well go back to copying/pasting the text... (I'm still not sure why this happened though. Boo.)
DDD

Postby skim » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:36 am

You should only have to adjust each page, rather than have to adjust every line of dialogue.
skim

Return to Support & Development