Novel Interface Issues

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Novel Interface Issues

Postby JeremyVerdi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:47 pm

First of all I am new here, so hello to everyone! Secondly, I'd like to say Novelty is the perfect program for someone like me, I tried Ren'py but that is beyond my ability. And third, a big thanks to fleet and Avaible and all of the others who have posted a lot of extremely helpful information on here that have already answered several of my questions.

The issue I am having is that I am using the default "novel interface" but am unclear how to remove it from specific pages without removing it from all of the others. It seems to be a global thing that I cannot edit page by page which has become increasingly frustrating when I just want to show a full image without any UI. There is a "play sound" option from the menu but no "show object" so the only way I thought to accomplish this was to create a new page and then have it send you to another after the image was shown, and now the issue of a UI I can't erase from that specific page.

Any help would be appreciated-

Thanks!
Do you like our owl?
JeremyVerdi

Re: Novel Interface Issues

Postby ErikB » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Sorry for making it so unclear.
The assumption is that the interface will be shown on the majority of pages, if not all of them, so it auto-adds itself to every new page you create.

The sample interface is inside a global layer, which is a layer that you can add to any page in the game. Because I didn't want people to have to re-add it over and over it adds itself automatically as a convenience.

You can disable this behavior by right-clicking on the "Novel interface" layer in the Scene tab of the story window and uncheck the option "Add layer to new pages".
ErikB
Novelty developer

Re: Novel Interface Issues

Postby JeremyVerdi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:35 am

Thanks!

It looks like right click and "Remove global layer from current page" worked as well. Appreciate the help and thanks for such a user friendly program!
Do you like our owl?
JeremyVerdi

Return to Support & Development