[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Source to backgrounds in credits question

Source to backgrounds in credits question

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Source to backgrounds in credits question

Postby Minikomicweb » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:13 pm

Hello again,

I'm making a video for my VN, the typical credits at the end of the story.

I've got the backgrounds from Google Images, and I noted every page which indicates where I found these, and also I've got this program, Paint.NET, and I applied some artistic filters (effects) like they were drawn by pen or something.

I thought that putting the pages' source about the backgrounds in the credits, but then I thought that it would be a bad idea, because with the filters of the backgrounds I couldn't put necessarily that in the credits.

So, the question is this:

Should I put the Images' sources in the credits or not?

Thanks for the read.
Minikomicweb

Re: Source to backgrounds in credits question

Postby fleet » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:07 am

I'm not a lawyer; for legal advice consult an attorney.
I assume the images you took are licensed for free use. The licensing agreements should state whether giving credit is required or not. The licensing agreement should also state whether altering the images is allowed.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Minikomicweb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 am

·_____·

Hell, I'm gonna put "Google Images". :D
Minikomicweb

Postby Avaible » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:55 am

Yeah, the harsh reality when the image-source doesn't tell you about it's licensing agreements.
If you want to be on the safe side only take images from stock sides where everything is free to use. I don't know any, but I know they exist since a lot of people talk about them. Try your google-fu at that ;)
Avaible

Postby Minikomicweb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:49 am

Minikomicweb

Postby Avaible » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Avaible

Return to Support & Development