Changing an actors state

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Changing an actors state

Postby Hokumon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Hey there, well, i know this has been discussed many times, but my english is´nt as well as i expected and i really don´t get it.
I want to add facial expressions to my own imported actor but i don´t know how to do it.
Can someone explain it to me, for dummies, please? :cry:
Hokumon

Re: Changing an actors state

Postby Avaible » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Well, I'll try to explain.

You need: The image files of your character. It's useful to have all the expressions on the same image, as seen in the tutorial, but they can be seperate images as well.

Open Designer. Click on the white egg-like symbol, click on 'Create Texture from file ...' and choose all the images of your character you need (the poses, the facial expressions).
There should be as many texture files in the Designer as you imported files now. Click on the white symbol again and create a new Image-Set-object.

A Set-object can be classified as Actor - right click on it, choose 'Classify ... as Actor'. Once you save and open Novelty later on your Set-object will now be handled as an Actor by the program (meaning, it will be shown in the Actors-folder).
In the Designer: Name your Set-object (the name of your Character).
You'll see that the Set-object has a child-object, a state. You can add as many of those as your actor needs. Each state is a different pose or expression, and these can be switched in Novelty later on.
Now right click on the first state, add a child-Image-object. An Image object will appear and you can choose it's texture resource - choose one of the textures you imported earlier.
Redo this step for as many states as you need.

Save the whole thing, open Novelty and there you go.
Avaible

Postby Hokumon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Arw! Thank you! I got it! :3
It´s really not that difficult! :)
Thank you very much! You made my day! :D
Hokumon

Postby Avaible » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:57 pm

No problem^^
Avaible

Return to Support & Development