[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - It doesn't seems to work on w7

It doesn't seems to work on w7

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

It doesn't seems to work on w7

Postby Ryosuke666 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:45 am

I had recently downloaded it from the official page... however, it doesn't seems to work alright

>>Prefabs folder is empty
>>Can't save my projects
>>Can't open any sample projects
>>Can't open anything from the assets folder
>>The animations won't show up

I can't open anything at the Designer.exe either

Please, If anyone has solved this problem so far, make me know. It's actually making me insane
btw, sorry for my bad english
Ryosuke666

Re: It doesn't seems to work on w7

Postby Avaible » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Your English is absolutely fine, don't worry.

I know that Novelty works on Windows 7, too, as I've worked on it several times before. Your problem, however, is one that showed up a few times over the past, and we haven't yet figured out why, except that most likely the download of Novelty somehow erred. Try downloading it again, the filesize of the packed archiv should be 34,4MB, unpacked 42,8MB. Maybe the program you unpacked it with didn't work properly, try an alternative (WinRAR, ZIP, etc).

On a side note, please note that Windows 7 doesn't usually have DirectX9 installed from the get go, but DirectX10 or 11. You need X9 however to run Novelty - don't worry, despite their numeric names these versions don't interfere with each other and installing X9 is not making 10 or 11 any worse, but complementing them.

If the problem prevails, I could try uploading Novelty for you to download.
Avaible

Postby Ryosuke666 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:18 pm

It seems like I already have DirectX 9 instaled.
I also downloaded like a dozen of times and doesn't seem incomplete

However... it still doesn't work at all
Ryosuke666

Postby Avaible » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Well, the rest is just trying around. Although I doubt this will change anything you could try to run Novelty with a different compatibility mode, like Vista or XP instead of 7. And, though that's probably not the case, but your graphics card could be one of those not supported by Novelty (you'll find a list at the bottom of the ).

You said the download wasn't incomplete, does that mean the unpacked files are complete as well? E.g. the Asset folder should have 82 files (11 folders) and all files together should number some 400 to 500. And did you put all the unpacked files+folders in a single location, meaning in a single folder? Maybe the program simply doesn't find the asset files because of some unknown location or unusual folder name.
Avaible

Postby Ryosuke666 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:17 am

Wait... It actually supports my Graphic Card and the sizes are fine...
It's actually weird lol
Ryosuke666

Postby Ryosuke666 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:56 am

OMG IT ACTUALLY WORKED. IF YOU WERE NEAR ME I WOULD GO TO YOUR HOUSE AND KISS YOU. YOU ARE MY FUCKING HERO SIR
Ryosuke666

Postby Avaible » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 am

Well, that's great! :D That it worked, I mean. So, what did you do?
Avaible

Postby Ryosuke666 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:35 pm

It was a convination of things...
but mostly... The folder had some spanish characters, it seems like the program didn't recognize them
Ryosuke666

Postby Avaible » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks, that's useful to know for future reference.
Avaible

Return to Support & Development