[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - nvz file?

nvz file?

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

nvz file?

Postby DokiDokiNeko » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:10 am

Every time I try to open an nvz file on my computer, I get a message that says the file type can't be opened. I've downloaded several programmes that claim to be able to open nvz files, but none of them have worked. What am I doing wrong?
DokiDokiNeko

Re: nvz file?

Postby skim » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:00 am

You can use a nvz file by placing it in the ASSETS folder in Novelty's program directory.
skim

Postby fleet » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:06 am

Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby DokiDokiNeko » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:37 am

Well, when I try to use the designer I can never find the nvz files.
I click the "create new" button and select "create texture resorce from file".
But when the assets screen opens and I'm supposed to select a file, I can't find the ones I've saved.
I thought maybe it's because my computer can't work with nvz files, but I'm probably just messing it up myself...
DokiDokiNeko

Postby Avaible » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:54 pm

'Create Texture resource from file' only includes image-files - that should be shown in the pop-up window. JPEG, PNG, dds, tga, bmp - those are the ones you can open. Nvz is not an image file, nvz are resources + nml file glued together.
Avaible

Postby DokiDokiNeko » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Then how do I create characters? Do I have to use nvz files or not? I've watched the video on how to use the designer, but when I try to load the character file into the designer nothing shows up on the screen. I've also tried using the "import assets" option, but I get an error message that says "no handler found for image type".
DokiDokiNeko

Postby Avaible » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:16 am

I don*t know which video you watched exactly, so I'll keep it general.

When creating resources in the Designer, tit copies the material into Novelties Asset folder. What you work with in the Designer are mainly objects which reference the resources in the asset folder. You can change the attributes of the objects (for example Image object, Set object) but the actual resource isn't altered in any way when doing so. Basically, the Designer creates an instruction of how Novelty should handle the resources. This instruction is an nml-file - it won't do anything without the resources in your asset folder.

Now, nvz files are different. They are a bundle of the nml-file, the instructor, and the resources, e.g. the graphics you want to use. Since a nvz file holds both components together as one file, they are very useful for sharing content. The downside is that you can't change the file once it has been created.

If you want to create an actor, any object in Novelty in fact, you do not need to work with nvz files. As long as you have the graphics for your actor you can create texture resources from them in the Designer, and then use those textures in your objects.

If your problem is that you want to somehow alter the content of a nvz file you downloaded, you'll have to know that Designer can't do that. Nvz is a way to share completed content for Novelty. If your problem is that you have downloaded a nvz file, don't want to change it, and just don't know how to get to use it's content in Novelty, you just have to put the nvz-file into the asset folder in your Novelty folder. Then reload the Asset library inside Novelty (right-click on it).
Avaible

Return to Support & Development