Novelty Problems

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Novelty Problems

Postby AnimeMuch » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Hey there,

I'm not sure if this has been posted or anything, but I'm having problems with my Novelty.
Everything opens up fine, everything looks good, but there's a problem, I can't make dialogues.

On my old laptop I had Novelty, I would always press the tool Dialogue/Paragraph and a text box would come up so I could put the characters name in and what they were saying. However; for this one, I pressed it and nothing would come up, and a message underneath it would say "Hint: There is no text objects in the current scene that can be display this dialogue. Click here to learn more."
I've done everything, I've clicked the pop-up, I've looked around on the FAQ and forums, looked up tutorials on Youtube and nothing.
How can I sort this out?

I would really appreciate it if I got some help, thank you~
AnimeMuch

Re: Novelty Problems

Postby Avaible » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:27 pm

This simply means you don't have an text-object in your scene with the Trait 'Show dialogue/paragraph'.
Right-Click on the text-object you want your dialogue to be written in, go to Trait, then click on Show dialogue.
Avaible

Postby AnimeMuch » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Sorry, it still won't do anything. The text box does work, it's just I'm having troubles having the text box in the actual framing. It's becoming a little difficult for me. Is there another text box I can do to do this? Because I don't remember doing this last time I had Novelty on my old computer.
AnimeMuch

Postby AnimeMuch » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Ah!~ No problems, I've done some browsing around and found what I was looking for (Prefabs > Sample Novel Interface) sorry for bugging you, and thank you for your help!~
AnimeMuch

Return to Support & Development