[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Gif Sequence

Gif Sequence

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Gif Sequence

Postby EriksBlue » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 pm

I created a short flash video and have exported it to a gif sequence how do i import to Novelty an have it working as a video?

Its only 4 seconds long and 20 frames.

-Also my animated gif i imported directly isnt working.
EriksBlue

Re: Gif Sequence

Postby Avaible » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:29 pm

There are video-objects in Novelty. You'll find them in your asset library. In their property inspector you can decide which video they show, for how long and other settings.
Simple Animations, without the use of video-objects, are nothing more than gif files.
Did you import your gif using the Import Image in Novelty or what did you do? Normally it should work just fine.
Avaible

Postby fleet » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Here's the technique that I use to bring in animated GIFs.

In Novelty, on the Command Line, click on the word File
In the drop down menu, click on the words Import Assets. A side menu will appear.
In the side menu, click on the word Images. A pop up window will appear.
In the pop up window, click on the button that says Add Files . . Another pop up window will appear that says Add Files
In the Add Files pop up window, change the file type from jpeg and Png to animated gif
Navigate to the folder that contains your animated GIF fil and select it.
An import Image wizrd window will appear. You should see a still image of your GIF.
Click on the button that says Save as package. A Save as Package content window will appear.
Type in the name of your GIF file, then click on the Save button.

You should then be able to find your animated GIF the the Objects folder, in the Imported sub-folder.

You can doubleclick on the movie and it will be added to your empty slide.

There are other ways to bring moving pictures into Novelty.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Avaible » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:47 pm

I'd do it like fleet, is the easiest way. Though you don't necessarily need to save it as a package.
Avaible

Postby EriksBlue » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:01 am

I used Import Image for my gif animation but it dosnt want to animate (should I use designer and if I do how would that work?)
EriksBlue

Postby fleet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:23 am

fleet

Postby Avaible » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:36 am

Have you tried importing any other gifs to see if it works with them?
Avaible

Postby skim » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 am

I have a feeling that the solution is going to be to lay out the stills into a single PNG or JPG and then using Designer to animate them (kind of like adding blinking eyes to a portrait).
skim

Postby EriksBlue » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:06 am

When i import the gifs they get put in the textures folder.

I use import assets. ( I noticed on the import assets settings it had convert gif too Jpeg and png.)

Thank you skim I may need to do that but how?
EriksBlue

Postby fleet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:30 am

fleet

Postby Avaible » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:45 am

It shouldn't appear in the texture folder but the Imported subfolder of the Objects folder. If you use only the texture of course it won't work since a texture alone can't have an animation - otherwise it would be an object. So, it's not in the imported folder in objects?

As for how to make animations in Novelty, I've been planning to make a tutorial on it, but that may take one or two weeks still.
Avaible

Postby EriksBlue » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:04 pm

If you make a video I can wait.
EriksBlue

Return to Support & Development