[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Problem with Objects

Problem with Objects

Have any technical questions or suggestions? Post them here.

Problem with Objects

Postby DDD » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:52 am

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to fade an object (my background) on a specific page, but the background image isn't listed in the Objects drop-down menu. I had no problems doing the same thing on a previous page. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
DDD

Re: Problem with Objects

Postby Avaible » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:33 am

You say it's a background? Maybe it's located in the background folder.
Avaible

Postby fleet » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:10 pm

If it's a background that you created, it might be under Textures Imported.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby DDD » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Well, I know where to find the background. I've already applied it to my page, but when I try to fade in (Objects > Fade Object), the file isn't listed in the choices.

Here's an example of what's going on...

Page 1: Working Fine
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff69 ... Listed.jpg

Page 2: Unlisted
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff69 ... listed.jpg

Even when I scroll down, it isn't available. Hope the photos help!

Also, thanks for the fast replies! :)
DDD

Postby Avaible » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:50 pm

My guess is that you put the Background into the scene as object in the first page, maybe by right-clicking on it and choosing 'Add to scene'. In that case, the background is handled like an object and can be faded in and out.
Actually, backgrounds aren't affected by the object-actions, so in your second page you probably either just double-clicked on the background or choose 'set as background' when right-clicking on it - in this case it isn't handled as an object.
Avaible

Postby DDD » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Oh, all right. That makes sense. I'll play with it a little bit then.

Is there a way to fade out backgrounds at the end of a page/scene? That's really all I'm trying to accomplish here. It feels really weird for a scene to abruptly stop and jump into the next with no transition...
DDD

Postby Avaible » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Just click on your page, look and the property inspector - find transition: choose your effect.
Avaible

Postby DDD » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:16 am

DDD

Postby Avaible » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:17 pm

When you want to transition the end of page 1 you have to choose the transition in the property inspector of page 2. For page 2 you have to choose it in page 3 and so on.
Avaible

Postby DDD » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:48 pm

DDD

Return to Support & Development