[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Is it possible to keep the BGM from stopping suddenly?

Is it possible to keep the BGM from stopping suddenly?

Ask questions on content creation or share your own custom content.

Is it possible to keep the BGM from stopping suddenly?

Postby Axido » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Hello, guys.
I found out that the BGM suddenly stops playing exactly after the sixteenth sound effect or vocal following the initial "Play BGM"-Command. Now I wonder, if I can extend this range of sound effects in any way.
The only solution I figured out is splitting the BGM tracks into pieces of ten seconds and writing a script that switches between the parts after these ten seconds (or in case of a looping track after a certain amount of time at the last part). It works pretty well and I also included a variable to switch between tracks on the go by running a simple script.

What sounds great in theory isn't that good, because when the script switches from one part to another, there is a kind of pause. Not a long one, more like 0.1 second or so, but at least a notable one. I worked around this by playing the critical part of the BGM as a sound for about 0.1 second. This makes it less notable, but still a little bit notable, especially if you know, why it is there.

So to get back to my initial question:
Is there any other way that's more convenient and less disturbing to keep the BGM playing all the time?
Axido

Re: Is it possible to keep the BGM from stopping suddenly?

Postby 8oni » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:11 pm

So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby Axido » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 pm

This is pretty funny, because the Workshop BGM worked for me, too...at least when I played the novel using "Play from beginning".
You should try that using "Play as stand-alone". Or use a custom track. ;)

I'm pretty sure that you might discover a difference.

I already tried a script like the one you posted. The only difference is that I ran the script directly by using [Run script] {PlayBGM('Whatever')} instead of putting the command into a function and calling that function later. Same results.

Thanks for your answer on my question, though. :)

If it helps I could post my alternate BGM script, which uses ten second parts of the BGM tracks.^^
Axido

Postby 8oni » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Hmmm, I will try your suggestion later. Post your alternate script please, it may help people who might have the same problem :)
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby Axido » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Axido

Return to Content Creation