[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Button assignments

Button assignments

Discussions about Novelty, visual novels and other worldly things.

Button assignments

Postby CeresBane » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 pm

Is it possible to assign buttons into novelty so that you can create custom short cuts and maybe even code a small minigame.

like a simple 2-D beat'em up game.

and in anime I see alot of visual novels being able to be played with controllers (i acknowledge that sum of those examples were console VNs). Is it possible for novelty to assign usb controller buttons via creating a custom config menu?

so logically. I can have the config button feature be only for the minigame and the game having default unchangable buttons.

Or have a huuuuuuugely detailed config page so I can create a short cut as well as create controls for minigames. and given the nature of usbs, for the sake of not breaking the game. Have two options on some button menus

and code so that if the usb ever gets disconnected the game will simply fallback to the keyboard buttons you assigned as a back up.

Naturally so that there is the option of no one being asked to do all this customisation. You can set things to a default.

so lets see

you have your standard VN controls

next
back log (also press this to go back to normal)
prev (only available during back log mode)
skip (can skip and automatically fail a mini game)
save
load
remove interface
universal cancel/back button (not for during VN game play of course)
exit game
exit to title.

then you have the mini game control
weak
strong
block
special
left
right
up/jump
down
pause (so you can use sum of the buttons on VN mode-as well as the standard pause menu usable by mouse and unchangable menu navigation controls)

and for any other minigames...the rest are just coded with default controls with no customisation (and coded so you cant overlap other controls-well you cant really assign mouse movement as a custom button anyway...but with cases like mouse buttons you cant overlap them because they cannot be overlapped

e.g. your custom can be your enter button for next. but you can use the right click or left click button for it because...its "hardwired" to always be the next button and selection button and the debug menu opener.

tl;dr

1. button assignment
2. button config
3. locking buttons from being assigned as they are used for the default game controls.
4. usb controller button assign with also a back up button assignment for wen the usb disconnects during play.
La petite mort is northing compared to what I'm feeling right now...
CeresBane

Re: Button assignments

Postby 8oni » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:41 am

So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to General Discussion