[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Fon-Contest!

Fon-Contest!

Discussions about Novelty, visual novels and other worldly things.

Fon-Contest!

Postby Avaible » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Would have been the topics name if it wasn't for it's length.

That's why I called it .

Now that we've cleared that, let's start with the introduction!

A wise man once said - 'People die when they are killed'
And that was Shirou from Fate/Stay Night, let's hope we do better.

- every Novelty-User is cordially invited to participate! Seriously, be part of our very first VisualNovel Contest and show us what you can create with Novelty!
- if you're a Novelty-User but have no Account for the forum, make one and participate! The more the merrier.

- every participant is allowed to enter with as many self-created visual novels as he/she/it/something wants
(you put it together in Novelty and have the permission to use the Art/Music or you were asked to enter the contest by the one who created the vnovel)

- every participant has to at least post a download link and some additional information (next post) of his novel to enter the contest

- every user of our forum is allowed to vote for his favourite vnovel once I create the poll (which will be after the deadline for entries is over - at end of this post)

- each vnovel can have as many routes as you like with each route having a word maximum of 1500 words
- I won't behead you if you are one or two hundred words over the limit, don't worry
- that also includes the theoretic possibility to tell the whole novel without any words at all - in that case, use pictures, don't trust voice acting too much since many of us have a different native language than English

- if your vnovel includes 18/21+ material (meaning, if you think of it that way), you need to mark it as such
- every user has the responsibility to decide by himself wether he wants to or does not want to read those
- nevertheless, vnovels 18/21+ are still included in the normal voting
- but hey, this here is the internet, as if there were any kids who haven't seen worse ...

Deadline is the 29.01.2011 15:00 Greenwich Mean Time [UTC -/+ 0]

You have to add/subtract according to your UTC time.
(e.g. UTC + 10 would be 1'Clock 30.01.2011 at your place when UTC 0 has reached 15:00)
(e.g. I myself am UTC +1, so I would have time 'till 16:00 on my clock)

After the deadline is over, I will create a poll where everyone can vote for his favourite vnovel presented in the contest.
It's not yet decided how many days the poll will be opened, but since it's a one-time thing it won't be too long.

You will get a neat little title to show that you're the winner of our first Fon-Contest ever.
The title will be shown below your username whenever you're posting something.

Those were the rules, following now is an example of how an entry to the contest could look like.
Last edited by Avaible on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avaible

Re: Fon-Contest!

Postby Avaible » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 pm

First entry to the Fon-Contest!
This here will be a reference to you what needs to be included when making an entry, but please don't forget in your votes that I'm really participating;)

( you don't have to write down the words in ())

(Title) Lovely Bomb
(Creator) by Avaible

(Link)

(Description)
It's the story about a devilish girl meeting an delinquent who's not too familiar with the English language.
(You don't need to explain anything in detail, since it are just short novels)

(possible warning)
The game includes words like 'killing', 'blood' and 'bureaucracy'.
If you think you can't handle those, please don't download/play it.

(Optional: Here you could also include some kind of signature of you vnovel, like the start screen or a CG or whatever you fantasy bestows upon you)

(I created my pic in less than three minutes, so don't think about it too much - the game isn't nearly as violent)
Avaible

Postby skim » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Contest requirements are too wordy. (also, how is this an official contest? notsure)
skim

Postby Avaible » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Too wordy? Do you mean it's too bothersome to post a link and one sentence of story-summary?

It's official because it's posted in the official Novelty forum.
It wouldn't be official had Erik objected to this contest.
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:27 pm

I'll beging writing my novel now!

I think I can add one character of my own, bur she is a bit (not) well done...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:01 pm

I can't even do that much, be self-confident ;)
Avaible

Postby fleet » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:42 pm

I just did a quick look, and all of the ones I've done exceed the word limit. :cry:
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Avaible » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Like I wrote it's still okay if they're some hundred words longer. Or is each route longer than 2000?
Avaible

Postby fleet » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:24 am

fleet

Postby Avaible » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:34 am

Of course.
Avaible

Postby fleet » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:42 am

Game name: The Spring of Brad's Father
author: fleet
Description: This is a kinetic novel (no player decisions), that tells how a romance developed from a man's effort to find a summer job for his son.
Warning: alcohol use

Deleted links, that site shut down :cry:
Last edited by fleet on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
fleet

Postby jvcscasio » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:21 am

Murderer
by Jvcscasio

http://www.mediafire.com/?ti4c2ygtns9g53j

Miguel lost his memories, now he must discover why!
If you play all routes you can understand what happened!

It has murder and engrish, if you can't handle those, don't play...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby fleet » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:48 am

It's not much of a contest with only 3 entries. :roll:
I've looked at all three entries, and other than the one I entered, :oops: they are pretty good. ;)
fleet

Postby Avaible » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Yeah, with only three participants it's not really much of a competition :?

But well, to be honest I didn't expect anything in the first place so it's not that much of a shock. Even though I'd had liked to have more novels to read ... :D
Anyways, it's the first contest and I'm glad there even were some people out there to take part in it - thanks fleet and jvcscasio.

The contest was an attempt to have a bit fun in the forums and to encourage more users to show off their works. But there's always a next time and still one more day to go! Hope dies last!

And once this is over I want to hear ideas to improve the next Fon-Contest from all of you;)
Avaible

Postby Avaible » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:05 pm

I guess it's time to close this, let's start the voting here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=752
Avaible

Return to General Discussion