[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Tutorials

Tutorials

Discussions about Novelty, visual novels and other worldly things.

Re: Tutorials

Postby ErikB » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:27 pm

Camtasia is the best video capture software I've seen. It's not perfect, but it's better than the rest.
But like Avaible said, it's not free.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:46 pm

Right, that's why you should consider CamStudio and the like if you're not planning on using Camtasia regularly.

And I edited the first post so that all tutorials up to now are listed there at the end.
Avaible

Postby Avaible » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:52 pm

New vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfKucB0RlIg

But the main thing:

I wanted to ask if anyone could make a tutorial regarding auto-read, that's one thing I haven't figured out yet. Would be great if someone did that since it will surely not be solved in my tutorials.
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:42 am

It's realy interesting...

When I learn something with novelty (And learn more english get to know how create a good videa) I will help as well!

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby lsscpp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 pm

That is a really good job you've done Avaible! Thank you very much, i'll keep an eye on this thred since i'm a total beginner.
btw, what is "auto-read"?
lsscpp

Postby Avaible » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Glad you like it.
This is a good chance to ask something else of all of you:
Any specific ideas what could be covered in the next videos?

Just post your ideas here.

Auto-read allows the player to automatically display the text.
You know how you have to click the left mouse button to get the next line of text? Auto-read is usually a button side to side with Quick-Save and Skip to switch between those two modes.
This way developers also have the chance to time the music and - if available - the voice acting and all in all give the player the pleasure of enjoying the game without actually doing something.
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:54 am

I've already seen it, I realy liked to play a game that had this option, but I don't know how to make it in novelty, I'm trying, if I learn how to do, I'll be sure to make a video...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby lsscpp » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:15 pm

As far as i know auto-read can be done already, with the "set text" action. All you have to do is set the action, then a x-seconds pause, then a new set text action, remembering to change also the narrator text if it's necessary.
Well, this is a bit clumsy... would be better if we had just an option in the "dialogue/paragraph" action, letting the user choose if a dialogue should be dismissed by a mouse click or by a time limit, so... could this be considered as a feature request??
lsscpp

Postby Avaible » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Dismission by mouse-click is by default. And I'm asking because that feature is already somewhat existing ... It's changable with the settings using script I think, it's just that my attempts failed to enable it. Well, I'm far from giving up and confident that I simply made a little mistake somewhere. Anyways, that doesn't change the fact that a tutorial would be nice~
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Check your project settings for auto-play settings. No need for scripts.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:46 pm

Eto ... And here I was wondering the whole time about the word 'Settings' ...
Kay, I think I found it ... I want to cry and laugh ... It's 'Properties' under 'Novel', meaning the same thing as settings ... now I understand ...

That's too stupid how I never bothered to look at other usages of Settings instead of the one used in the scripting references.

Whatever, I'm grateful to you for opening my eyes, even if I had them closed by accident :mrgreen:
Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:46 pm

O.O

On everything in novelty I searched, I never thought in clicking there...

Thank you vary much, Erick! You saved me^^

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby jvcscasio » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:03 am

I can't find nor make a circle shape in the designer...

I'm trying to do the clock from the vídeo...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby ErikB » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:22 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby jvcscasio » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:38 am

It's in the folder, it only don't apear on the designer...

I'll do as you say.

Thanks!

jvcscasio
FonFon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion