I've got some questions/problems.

Discussions about Novelty, visual novels and other worldly things.

I've got some questions/problems.

Postby Makopi » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:43 am

Okay, well, I started using Novelty today.
I have a couple of questions...

1. I was wondering, how do I edit the text of the default interactive menu? All it says is 'Option 1', so on, so forth. I would like to edit it to say, 'Play Game' and such, but I can't figure out how to edit it. ^^;

2. I have a little bit of trouble with the dialogue. I figured out how to make the text boxes and edit it to dialogue, but I can't figure out how to make a box surround it. It looks kind of odd by itself, so I would like a box to surround the dialogue.

3. When I preview the game, the BGM I added doesn't play. Does it just not play in the preview, or is it going to actually be in the game and just not in the preview?

Thanks.
Makopi

Re: I've got some questions/problems.

Postby ErikB » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:01 pm

1. The 'Default menu' is not really an object that you place in the scene. It's a template designed to hold up to eight menu items. It's meant to be used by the 'Show interactive menu'-action.

To show you what I mean, you could try this:
1. In the action window, add a 'Show interactive menu'-action.
2. Then in the property window, set the menu template to 'Default menu'
3. Change the text of Option 1 and 2.
4. Run the game.

If you wanted to make a start menu I suggest you use individual buttons.

2. In the Asset library you have the 'Default text border', which is a box meant to around text. There are also a couple of Border objects that you can wrap around your text. Simply drag the blue handles.
The borders might appear over your text. In that case, right-click on them and select "Move down" or "Move to back" until they're underneath the text.

3. In the action window, create a 'Play BGM'-action at the start of your page.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Return to General Discussion