What's happening

Discussions about Novelty, visual novels and other worldly things.

What's happening

Postby ErikB » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:24 pm

Hey guys. It's been a while since the last update of Novelty and I just wanted to write a few words on what's currently going on with the development.

First of all I should say I haven't done much since the last release. Ever since when I released the first version of Novelty I've worked hard on it pretty much non-stop and I needed a break, so I took one. During this break I had a lot of new great ideas on how to improve Novelty and the engine, not to mention the suggestions posted by you guys.

Most of my ideas will mean large changes and I suspect it will take some time to implement all of them. To keep you all from waiting too long I will most likely do a smaller release soon, which will address bugs as well as add some of your suggestions.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Re: What's happening

Postby nuke_bloodaxe » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:45 pm

Good to Hear, Erik.

I was wondering what the roadmap was at the moment?

Perhaps you could keep a list of what is "in the works" with a status indicator [ nothing sophisticated, planning, implemented, under-way, almost done etc ] :)

As for what's happening this end, I'm currently doing a rewrite of most of my material + getting more artists. Oddly enough I've also been asked help out another group with their title as well [ which is rapidly turning into some weird comedy/psychological thriller/Romance/Alien Abduction/H thing, I can't believe what I've gotten drug into :shock: ], so I'll be using Novelty for that [which should prove interesting, they expect a release in July].
nuke_bloodaxe

Postby iamgothic2 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:53 pm

Hey Erik! Nice to hear from you again. (even though I think you are on everyday.) Im still working on my VN, and im maybe 2/4 way there. I still have more characters to do though. :/
I can't wait for the new release! :P
iamgothic2

Postby 12riven » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:12 am

hello as well ^^

thats really great news, and i am definitely looking forward to the next release.
im also working on a vn but not sure of a release date yet
12riven

Postby DarckRedd » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:19 am

I'm in the process of writing a VN script. I'm afraid I have little talent as artist, so this is the best I can do.
DarckRedd

Return to General Discussion