[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Whew. Lively, aren't we?

Whew. Lively, aren't we?

Discussions about Novelty, visual novels and other worldly things.

Whew. Lively, aren't we?

Postby skim » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:54 am

So.. what's going on with Novelty?
The forums have been quiet for way too long!
skim

Re: Whew. Lively, aren't we?

Postby ErikB » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 pm

I know. It's been a bit quiet for a while now. I check this forum multiple times every day though.

I'm currently implementing undo/redo history in the editor. While it might not sound like much, the code required is actually quite engrossing and it will take a while to write and test. I need to track dozens of different events or it simply won't work.

I have some plans to invigorate the community but I have a few things I want to change first to make the editor even easier to use.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Zen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:02 am

Take your time. It sounds like it is well worth waiting for.
Zen

Postby Archeia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:56 pm

I wanted to post more but I'm trying to play around with it so I could see what I could do with it ^^;
Archeia

Postby ErikB » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:58 pm

My expectation is that as more and more people try Novelty and the community grows we'll see this forum becoming more active.

I'd write more but I don't want to turn this forum into an echo chamber. :D

Furthermore, I try not to talk too much about upcoming features. It's often technical (and boring) but it's mostly because I don't want to make any promises ahead of time. I can easily change my mind in the middle of working on something and I attack problems as I encounter them. That's just how I work.

I guess the thing next on my list is something that could be a topic of discussion. I was thinking about adding a dedicated background layer to every page. It will behave like any other layer but the difference is that Novelty will know it's a background layer and thus will treat it slightly differently. For instance it could serve as a host surface for video and you could pan/zoom it separately from other objects in the scene. It would also enable you to transition between backgrounds using a single action.
The details are very fuzzy still and this is why I don't like talking about features I haven't implemented yet, but if you have any thoughts let me know.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Zen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:40 pm

The main reason I like Novelty is its focus on layers and objects. Adding more ability to control individual layer behaviors and properties would be fantastic. The background layer is probably the best place to start. Adding dynamic masking (say you had a video loop running as the background, but wanted to mask the lower portion of the video right before putting text back on the screen) would also be nice.
Zen

Postby ErikB » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:21 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby 12riven » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:24 am

hey guys, i realised we are nearly having 50 members on the forums..... :D :D
12riven

Return to General Discussion