sorry to trouble you again..how to make an interactive menu?

Discussions about Novelty, visual novels and other worldly things.

sorry to trouble you again..how to make an interactive menu?

Postby gagal_axzel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:17 am

..i really am sorry..i am stucked in yet another important thing..interactive menu...it is strange, i had double clicked default menu in assets box, then it did appear. but..when i double clicked interactive menu in object box, it said that there is no menu template..and there is no option for default menu that i had created in the template option..when i right clicked the default menu, there werent any option that had any relation with interactive menu...please help me..*sob* thank you..
gagal_axzel

Re: sorry to trouble you again..how to make an interactive menu?

Postby ErikB » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:37 pm

When you double click a menu template you're only creating a preview object in the scene, of how a menu might look.
Because menus will look differenty depending on the amount of options etc, menus are designed as templates.

To use a menu template you need to right click on it in the asset library and select "Add to project". This will store the template in your game and it will appear in the drop down list of the "Show interactive menu" action.

Menus are still something I'm working on and I apologize for the obfuscation.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby gagal_axzel » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:13 pm

thank you very much! Now i can finally make my visual novel! No need to apologize, your novelty is already great and very helpful! Thank you very much! You're great! :)
gagal_axzel

Postby dei » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:40 pm

this helps me greatly ^_^
dei

Return to General Discussion