[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Happy (late) birthday Novelty!

Happy (late) birthday Novelty!

Discussions about Novelty, visual novels and other worldly things.

Happy (late) birthday Novelty!

Postby ErikB » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:15 pm

I totally forgot, but Novelty has had its first anniversary!
The first public version was released August 15th 2008 on the .

At that time I had teased the community with screenshots for over a year already. People were getting increasingly impatient and probably wondered if it ever would release it, so in May of 2008 I began to finalize the first alpha with the goal of getting it ready for the public. Sure enough, it got to a point where it was mostly usable and put up the first version a few months later. The following weeks saw plenty of patches as bugs and other problems were practically unavoidable.

Since then I've listened a lot to my users and critics and improved Novelty in any way I can, and I still do. The community has grown slowly but steadily as the engine matures. We're not at version 1.0 quite yet but I'm very happy with the progress that has been made since the first alpha and I'm looking forward to another year of development on the Novelty project.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Re: Happy (late) birthday Novelty!

Postby rimir » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Yay ! Hope to see v1.0 by the end of this year.
rimir

Postby Taishi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Happy bday... or will that be... coding-day... well whatever =)

Im the Astral Claw warrior
Taishi

Postby skim » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:40 am

Happy birthday, Novelty, and Novi-chan (does the mascot have a name..?)
skim

Postby ErikB » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:00 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby 12riven » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:03 pm

Happy birthday Novelty =]

The best visual novel maker out there, without a doubt =]
12riven

Postby ErikB » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:31 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby 8oni » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:12 am

Happy (late) birthday 7th year Novelty :)

Thanks for making the best vn engine (for me) Eric :D
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Postby fleet » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:17 am

Since I HATE coding, novelty is my favorite choice for making VNs.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Return to General Discussion