Yet another newb here to ask that age old question...

Discussions about Novelty, visual novels and other worldly things.

Yet another newb here to ask that age old question...

Postby TheMigratingCoconut » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:54 pm

How the heck do I use this thing? I've been using Ren'Py to start making my VN but when I heard that Novelty is a lot simpler I decided to give it a try, especially since my little sister is wanting to try making one. I'm really confused as to what to do though. If someone could explain the very basics I would be much obliged. I only ask because everything I've seen so far is explaining something specific. I've tried winging it and got no where. I've tried adding text and keep getting error messages. None of my pictures are sized right. Music...yeah nothing sets the mind ablaze like the sound of silence. So please help this newbie out...mostly so he doesn't look like an idiot in front of his little sister when showing her what to do but also so he can get his game up off the ground.
TheMigratingCoconut

Re: Yet another newb here to ask that age old question...

Postby fleet » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:21 pm

There are people here who are willing to help you. :D

I strongly suggest you ask one question at a time in the Support and Development section (one new thread for each help request). Doing so will allow those willing to help you to solve one problem at a time.

To get started, I suggest you open a new project using the built-in template.
To do this, click on "File" on the command line, in the drop down menu click on "New", then on the side menu, click on "New project from template". A pop up window will appear. Click on the "New" button.

Once you have the novel template on screen, click on "File" on the command line. In the drop down menu, click on "Save as". A pop up window will appear. Save the visual novel using a name you can remember. It will be saved in the "Projects" folder.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Re: Yet another newb here to ask that age old question...

Postby TheMigratingCoconut » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks for the help with even that much. I'm actually accomplishing something, albeit small but we all gotta start with baby steps. Now, off to scour the other threads in the hopes I can understand the explanations.
TheMigratingCoconut

Return to General Discussion