[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Help getting started

Help getting started

Need something? Art, Music, Story? Ask the community for help.

Help getting started

Postby Praelium » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:50 pm

So, for my project I am going to work with pictures which I will edit to be in a comic-style much alike Max Payne's in-game novel.
My images will be full screen and use the dialogue box as it should, but I don't have a good dialogue box currently. I need a good dialogue box that only has a forward button, save button and an exit button.

I also need help making a main menu with flashes of lightning. This would be an altered image, the rest of the animations being the standard rain animation. But it should somewhat alter between a lit environment and a non-lit environment in harmony with a thunder sound effect every now and then.

I also have a question: Is it possible to automatically go to the next page? Say that I can determine the seconds it takes before it goes to the next page.

Can anyone help me with any of this?
Praelium

Re: Help getting started

Postby fleet » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:35 am

" Is it possible to automatically go to the next page?"

Yes. The wait action in the action catalog will allow you to do this, and even gives you the ability to set the amount of time before it advances to the next page.

<deleted to remove broken link>
Last edited by fleet on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet

Postby Praelium » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:12 pm

I made the Main Menu!

It is basically some text in the top left corner, the buttons in the bottom left corner and a still photoshopped image of New York that every X seconds alters in a overlit version of the photoshopped image in combination with thunder sounds. The background constantly has a violin playing and rain sound effects.
Praelium

Postby fleet » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Congratulations!
fleet

Postby Praelium » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Praelium

Postby fleet » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:28 pm