[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Noteworthy series I'm currently watching

Noteworthy series I'm currently watching

The place to talk about anime and japanese culture

Re: Noteworthy series I'm currently watching

Postby Avaible » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:30 pm

I wouldn't say it was the only way out for Madoka, but it was a nice ending.

Well, instead of all those 'new' Animes I'm enjoying the old ones currently. Good example would be Crest of the stars and Banner of the start I/II/III as well as the OVA. I just love those space operas, I can only recommend them.
Avaible

Postby Xoleum » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Gosick was quite fun to watch, so i can recomment than too.

Anyway, the summer season has started and i'm watching the first episodes of the new series.

some interesting examples:

sacred seven - some kind of mecha/transformer anime. drawing style is the same as code geass.
a dark rabbit has seven lives - something about (dark) magic/pacts/curses
mayo chiki - cant explain without spoiling
usagi drop - aunt is so young, could be your child
No. 6 - dont know what its about, but seems interesting
The Idolm@ster - about an idol agency, based on a popular game in japan
Uta no Prince - about some students at a school for singers and composers
Xoleum

Postby Avaible » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:12 am

I'm currently watching Natsume Yuujinchou san which is the third season of . The story revolves around Natsume, a high-schooler who has been able to see youkai since early on and was always picked on for 'lying' about seeing things others couldn't. Due to his parents very early death he had been given from relatives to relatives, none who wanted him, figure how felt. He never had friends and strongly came to dislike the youkai who were reason of that.

The story itself beginns with him moving to the last stop of relatives for the time being - it isn't even explained how the older couple is related to him. But for a change they are a nice pair and want him to stay, making him their son. Meanwhile Natsume has learned to not to be too surprised by sudden youkai appearances anymore, but he still can't distinguish when something is a youkai or not (except that the youkai has three eyes or something in which case it's fairly obvious).
But his now peaceful life is disturbed by youkai trying to attack him for no apparent reason, mistaking him for his grandmother who once lived in the same area and was the only other person able to see youkai.

The Anime itself is divided into Mini-stories, one per episode, following Natsumes encounters with the ayakashi.

I recommend the Anime, it's slice of life but with youkai, and the main character is actually likeable (meaning, he's not stupid as one might expect from a main character) and each story somehow relates to the overall plot, progressing it steadily.
Avaible

Postby EriksBlue » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:59 am

I have been watching Mezzo DSA and Real Drive.
EriksBlue

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:59 am

Kami nomi zo shiru sekai

Mirai Nikki

Fate/zero

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby ErikB » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:03 am

Took the liberty of editing your post to help you with those youtube clips.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:24 am

Thankyou.

And the name of the anime is under de video, even if it's glued above the next video...

jvcscasio
FonFon

Previous

Return to Anime Theater