[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Noteworthy series I'm currently watching

Noteworthy series I'm currently watching

The place to talk about anime and japanese culture

Noteworthy series I'm currently watching

Postby ErikB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Not really what I expected. This is not a pink magical girl anime at all. In fact it gets really dark in places.
It revolves around the question if you can have one wish, what would it be? ..and would you pay for it with your life?
My curiosity is peaked!

Hourou Musuko
I really like the look of this anime. It's about a boy who wants to be a girl and a girl who wants to be a boy.. and lots of broken hearts.
It can get a little uncomfortable to watch but it's well written.

Fractale
A high production sci-fi anime. Main character Clain is a history geek who loves "old technology" (i.e. computers and iPods).
He finds himself caught up in a plot to destroy the technocracy they live in. Also, Nessa is so darn cute.

Haiyoru! Nyaruani-Remember My Mr. Lovecraft
I don't even know what this is or how to describe it. Forgive me. xD

Bakuman
Mashiro makes a promise to marry a girl when he's successfully written a manga, had an anime made and had her star as a voice actor in it.
It's one of the dumbest foundations for a plot I've seen but it's a really interesting anime about how to write manga. I've found myself cheering him on.
It's unfortunate that the is as gay as .
ErikB
Novelty developer

Re: Noteworthy series I'm currently watching

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Puella I will watch, I heard so many things about it not being a typical mahou shoujo anime that I just have to watch it.

Hourou Musuko also sounds interesting, I already have it in my list of animes I will (or will not, depending on my mood and time frame) get to in the future.

Fractale, I saw the pictures of the Novel and of the Anime - it's sad in my opinion. I liked the graphics of the light novel better ... So I will wait with that until I'm able to speak/understand/read Japanese to enjoy the novel. (Well, might take some time ... some years ...)

Haiyoru!
Never heard of it, but I didn't watch much for the past few months anyways. I have so many things to catch up in.

I like the manga of Bakuman, for the most part at least, but I really don't have to know the Anime I think. The choice of colours just doesn't match what I imagine when reading the manga.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Puella is so bizarre. All of the fighting scenes are made with paper-craft mixed with traditional animation. i.e. you know it's a "witch" because it looks like paper.
The most recent episode was pretty epic though, causing me to make this post.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Interesting, I hope I will have time for it next weekend.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:10 pm

Wow. I take that back. Puella is not bizarre. It's amazing.
Last few episodes have been soo good. I'm geeking out about it.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:28 pm

And I haven't found time to watch it yet :|

A whole week with 40° fever is a forceful argument against concentrating on anything.
Gladly, it's gone down now and is back to only a slight cold.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Puella Madoka was cancelled after the 10th episode. This happened right after the quake, but that wasn't cited as the cause. The show had been under the gun for a while for being "too cruel" for TV according to parental watchdog groups. Every TV-channel that was broadcasting Puella delisted it.

Even with that in mind, the ten episodes are plenty worth it and I still recommend watching it through. The last episode was the best one and while it doesn't wrap up the whole story it's a good satisfying ender.

I'm guessing that 10 episodes leaves 2 unaired episodes, since most animes end at 12. The show will be released on blurays shortly and I hope they release the final episodes as a disc-only release for the sake of us fans.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby ErikB » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:02 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:51 pm

^^
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:55 am

It's probably old news already, but I recently downloaded and watched all of Working and I thought it was a fun and cute anime.
The second seasons starts soon too.

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:52 am

Right, Working was quite funny, but I also really liked how they progressed the plotline while they made jokes.

Yesterday I watched Kowarekake no Orgel, an one-episode OVA of 30min length that deals with the relationship of an a bit nonchalant teenager and a (cute) female android he finds at a garbage side one day. It is totally adorable, and I recommend it.

Avaible

Postby ErikB » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:16 am

ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:35 am

Avaible

Postby Xoleum » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:45 pm

madoka was awesome, though the ending is weird.
hourou musuko was interesting to watch, but didnt leave an impression on me.
seen the first ep of mr lovecraft and gave up -_-
fractale was very interesting. how they use technology kinda reminds me of another series called dennou coil.
have only seen bakuman until gg stopped subbing it.
Xoleum

Postby ErikB » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:29 pm

ErikB
Novelty developer

Next

Return to Anime Theater