[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Studio Ghibli

Studio Ghibli

The place to talk about anime and japanese culture

Studio Ghibli

Postby Avaible » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Well, since there's so much action in the new forum I thought why not make a thread where about anyone can comment on?

Here it is, I would like to know which Studio-Ghibli creation was/is your favourite and why? And in the unlikely case someone hasn't yet heard of Ghibli, and .

As for me, my personal favourite has been and is Mononoke Hime. It was one of my first experiences with Anime (aside from Heidi ...) and stuck with me ever since then. I watched it uncensored on christmas when I was ten and loved it. It had such an great impact on me that I got the DvD about a month later and watched it again several times a day, for a whole week (holidays).
Thinking about it, it was one of the few lights in my childhood that I don't want to forget. After that I had a far too long period of being a usual good-for-nothing idiot, watching senseless stuff on televie for the biggest part of my free (and home-work) time. By now I really despise myself from back then, but helping me back on track was that one movie Mononoke when I found it again with fourteen. Starting from that point I imersed myself in the world of Anime/Mange etc. while managing my life in a good way.

So to say, Anime helped me out pretty much with that, and it's partly thanks to Mononoke Hime which is also why I still love and can't get enough of it.

And now I want to hear your stories;) Which movie do you like best and why?
Avaible

Return to Anime Theater