[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Summer 2012 Animes

Summer 2012 Animes

The place to talk about anime and japanese culture

Summer 2012 Animes

Postby ErikB » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:22 pm

Time for another "Animes that Erik is watching" update:

A mild touch of hack-sign and a big chunk of (implied) Battle Royale. Really interesting story where people play a virtual reality MMO, only to find out they die in real life if they die in-game.
This looks really sharp so far, and the sound track is great, but I won't call it great until I've seen the whole thing. Definitely something I look forward to each week.

Sort of fun anime, but I can see this turning real depressing real fast. It's about a group of friends who are suddenly switching bodies with eachother.. and basically how that f*cks with their sense of self and personality, not to mention the boy x girl issues. Looks very K-On-ish due to the original artist, but K-On it is not!

Slice of life comedy, with a hint of casual lesbianism.. though not worse than any other anime, imho.
This is one of my current favorites, mainly because it always makes me smile. I will not make apologies for watching this! xD

Yet another battle anime set in a virtual reality world. I'm a bit disappointed with this, but I really like seeing a non-standard protagonist.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Re: Summer 2012 Animes

Postby Splitin2kun » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:23 pm

I really should watch Sword Art Online. It sounds very interesting.

And Fate/Zero is a 2012 release ne? If so, FZ should definitely be on this list. Its an amazing anime.
Splitin2kun

Postby Avaible » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Fate/Zero begann airing in 2011, and the second season begann airing this April, so it is not a summer 2012 Anime. But it's good nevertheless, of course, and worth mentioning^^

I want to add Tari Tari to the list, definitively worth checking out. Actually, there have been quite a few good ones this year already, and the currently airing ones also show alot of promise. Here's to a good year 2012!
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Yeah I'm watching Tari Tari too. It's pleasant, but not sure if or why I like it.

So far the most original one has been Kokoro Connect. I thought it was about switching personalities, but apparently there's a new personality twist now.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:21 am

I'm still waiting for all these to be completed first before watching them. I guess I'll do some three day Anime marathon at that point, but I'm really bad at waiting for every single episode so I'm currently watching a few of the last season, including Saki Episode A. I can recommend it if you've watched and liked Saki, it's faster paced than Saki (only half as many eps after all) but that makes it that much more interesting in my opinion. Especially the last game shown is already worth watching the whole thing.

For this season I'm looking forward to the most to Horizon II though, more so than all of the already mentioned ones.
Avaible

Return to Anime Theater