[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Strike Witches?

Strike Witches?

The place to talk about anime and japanese culture

Strike Witches?

Postby Momiji » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Has anyone seen strike witches before?
i needed to get another DVD set, i spent £80 on boxsets and i got £20 left over, its not really a must have i guess
but i wanted a seris i havent seen and i came accross strike witches, its not to expensive and its new, supposed to be a good laugh (i wouldnt mind a comedy)

im not really asking for recomendations so plz dont keep thowing suggestions until later xD
but all i wanna know is can people validate if its funny? i feel like a funny seris, i just brought baka to test boxset and shakugan no shana and feel like adding a comedy as i watched some serious stuff latly so im curious if its a laugh?
alot say its funny but some say its dissapointing, i know its got alot of content kinda like highschool of the dead... but i dont mind

anyone seen it then? :p

Image -----Image
Momiji

Re: Strike Witches?

Postby Avaible » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:01 pm

I've seen it quite some time ago, and the graphics and 3D-models would make for a very good Anime, but it's not exactly funny (or intended to be for that matter) nor is there any deep going story involved. Let's just say, it's a big lot of wasted potential and doesn't make you laugh since 95% of it really is just fanservice and the remaining 5% are the graphics.
That's not to say it's not a light-hearted anime, just not funny.
Avaible

Postby ErikB » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:13 am

I liked the first season more than the second. I like it because I always fall into these moe traps, but it's not exactly high fiction.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Momiji » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:26 pm

well it would be first season reguardless (wouldnt waste time with second if first is no good... not like i knew that was more than 1 lol :roll: )

hmm i actually gathered it was intended it was made to be commedy reading amazon reviews for it, now i dont take amazon recomendation seriously, honestly there normally real bad, they once recomended 'suzaka' to me... i was so stupid i tried it, god i knew not to listen to amazon again (seriously anyone who likes Suzuka, plz explain to me whats 'tollerable' about it)
so would you say its worth picking up, i mean its not bad for price (currency converting could be a pain us all using differant currency but its £15 if that means anything to anyone xD) but should i bother with it or give it a miss?
i need 2 more seris to buy, i wouldnt mind a comedy, normaly i purchase boxsets after seeing the anime (of course so i know if its worth getting) but i feel like adding some new ones this time, comedy are generally easy to pick out being as there normally good even if the story fails
if its not worth it could any recomend any serious story (which are epic... im talking Shakugan no Shana or Mahou Shouko Madoka Magica epicness for story) or some good funny ones (sorry got baka to test already xD)
i actually expanded alot on my offcials latly, im still proud of Shakugan no shana though, i feel proud to own it lol, just wish they would release the next boxset :(

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby Avaible » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Personally I think Strike Witches are not worth it. It's light-hearted, has very good animation and effects, but the characters are not fleshed out, the story feels pretty shallow due to it not being taken serious and there are few to none jokes/funny scenes, instead fanservice in their place. Decide for yourself wether you think it could work for you. And many people like it, so it's not like it's a bad anime.

As for recommandations ... Tried yet? The OVA first released are 6eps - and that's everything from funny to epic. And if you add the 1ep OVA after that and the second 6ep OVA after that you'll have further layers of fun and epicness. It's an older one, but I think it's a great anime.
Avaible

Return to Anime Theater