[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Recent Animes?

Recent Animes?

The place to talk about anime and japanese culture

Re: Recent Animes?

Postby Crusher » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Unfortunately not more than that. I think it was too fast-paced for people who do not know the game. And I was a bit surprised that Mitsuo didn't show up. His dungeon was extreeemely awesome and I can't imagine that they don't show that. But as far as I remember he should have been there in episode 1. Does anybody know how many episodes are planned for this? Right now it seems like they want to end it in 12 or 13.
Crusher

Postby ErikB » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:35 pm

I agree with that. The story beats seems to come more rapidly. I don't expect anything else from an anime-adaptation of a 70+ hour long game but I also got the sense that it'll be a 12 episode series.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Avaible

Postby Momiji » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:24 pm

ah okies thanks Avaible, guess i got all the seris then ^^ i am guessing it will be the end of baka to test now though, of course not seeing it i cant be sure but its just a hunch because when i watched the first one (ages bk) i found it was just a experiment to see if people would like it or not which says they had no intention of making a full seris of it so the fact they came this far was good

funny enough i think i will watch Pita Ten, i dunno just with english tv you wouldnt catch me watching more kid like shows (things you find like Sponge bob or what ever its called) but kid target anime's are always enjoyable xD :roll:
im also thinking high school of the dead aswell ^^
Also (though not confirmed) any Toradora fans out there apparntly they making a OVA for early next year ^^

Image -----Image
Momiji

Watching

Postby Quadrolithium » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Currently Watching:
The World God Only Knows...
...well I consider it as a guide (even though Keima gets it wrong sometimes but admit it most of the Romantic VNs are modeled the way he knew it {I enjoyed the part where he was asked to make a Galge by his own specifications in which he sincerely refuses[after a political debate and an intergalactic war]}) but also for me its one of the best harem comedy anime I ever watched (I'm now itching to see the goddess arc)
Mayo Chiki!
...one of my favorite gender bender (A scene in TWGOK also counts) anime, well My friends and I are on a bet who will fall for Jirou (I vote for the cat Nakuru, 2 of my friends vote for Suzusuki, 1 for Konoe, and 1 for Masamune)

*Just added... Infinite Stratos... Go Laura!!!

Still watching even if it is the nth time:
Elemental Gelade...
I dunno but It got me really hooked

Others (watching them if there are spare time left):
Code Geass R2
Gundam Series [From Wing to {currently} Seed](admit it old habits are hard to kill so does good old anime...)
Last edited by Quadrolithium on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Game:
She wants you to lose it
Quadrolithium

Re: Watching

Postby Momiji » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby Crusher » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:16 am

Just watched: Code Geass R1 and R2.

Nothing I would add to my favorite list, but it kept me interested. Still it always felt like a "Death Note light", especially because there were too many ridiculous things like almost every character surviving 1000 bullets as long as they are not followed by a longer speech. Plus I couldn't relate that good to the "sad scenes", they just weren't executed in a way that I would feel for them. The only emotional highlight was the big surprise with Euphy.

And I have to say: The Persona 4 Anime gets better and better!
Crusher

Postby Avaible » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:31 pm

Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:52 am

I think everyone in this forum should read or watch Kami nomi zo shiru sekai, for references with visual novels^^

Recent animes I would sugest: Mirai nikki, Kami nomi, Fate/zero, Puella magi and Hayate no gotoku

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby ErikB » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:01 am

I love "World only god knows" (as I know it). Art is fantastic and the stories are well done. Also, Elsie.

I tried watching Mirai Nikki but I can't stand the protagonist. Wimpy cry babies doesn't make good main characters. And when it got to "I need to hide my psychopath girl friend in the closet and my mother is asking if we've done it yet" I stopped. Too many clichés in one episode for me to take.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby jvcscasio » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:30 am

I read the manga and it was interesting, the main character is anoying, but that doesn't stop the series from getting great characters like Ninth and Deus.

Strange enough, Deus is God in portuguese...

The world god only knows is my favorite manga, I even imported the special volume with the OVA.
But I feel sometimes in the story the trauma of the author, he is realy afraid of getting cancelled and really don't have too much experience with real life girls...
I remember that the happiest day of my life in the internet was the day when Red Hawk decided to release about 30 chapters in one go, and started translating it weekly :D

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Avaible

Postby jvcscasio » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:27 pm

The world god only knows was lincensed in the US! Even if I'm in Brazil, I'll buy it!

---> Happiest day of the year

There's already the pre-order on amazon.com!!!

jvcscasio
FonFon

Postby Avaible » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Good for you^^
Avaible

Previous

Return to Anime Theater