[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Novelty forum • View topic - Recent Animes?

Recent Animes?

The place to talk about anime and japanese culture

Recent Animes?

Postby Momiji » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:20 am

Just thought i would put a topic up to talk about any recent anime seris you are watching or recently watched which you feel are worth mentioning and or recomending.

For me i am currently watching:
> Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood- really enjoying it now, it started kinda plain but its gotten great now im nearing the 3/4 mark
> GANTZ- just started it, makes me laugh but dunno about story but its to early to judge
> Code Geass R2- second season now, just ordered first season boxset and second season is shaping out really good aswell

Recently finished:
> H2O~footprints in the sand~ really good, Avaible recomended it to me and i started it but got stalled but finished it now and its ending was amazing, i truly loved it, the characters was enjoyable as the story aswell (though the random henchman who follow Yui annoy me
>Akikan- not to interesting, has potential but tried to drag its self into non stop pervy jokes ruining the MC completly
> Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou- amazing seris simple as!
> K-on... well we all know k-on's greatness xD

i probberly will start some new animes tomorrow evening but these are the most recent watches. i didnt finish Myself; Yourself a few weeks back which was great
any note worhty seris anyone else seen recently?

Image -----Image
Momiji

Re: Recent Animes?

Postby ErikB » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:36 am

Steins;Gate wrapped up recently and it was really good. It's based on a visual novel and I wonder if they'll ever translate it into english because the original art looks amazing (I already know the story's good).

Currently watching the second season of Working!! - also amazingly fun and great.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Avaible » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:12 pm

I recently finished watching Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! - the sequel to Baka to Test and about four times funnier even, complete with character development included (and that in this kind of Anime) and generally a great story.

Also, not as recently, but worth mentioning: Isekai no seikishi monogatari. Some unlucky (or very lucky) guy, Tenshi, finds himself in another world and has to fight for his life and return. The whole thing is pretty light-hearted actually, and Tenshi is, for a change from usual MCs, pretty clever and likeable.

Currently watching ... Digimon Season1! Yeah~ well, I just felt like it.
Avaible

Postby Shines » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:03 pm

i also just finished full metal brotherhood, its ending was really good but the seris is so much better than the origonal, i liked the winrey useage aswell.

i just start Shiki and Anohana today but i think i will start on another tomorrow
i watched h2o last month and i also thought it was good.
Shines

Postby skim » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:39 am

yadamon (it's from 1992... but I wanted to rewatch it)

Natsume yuujin chou (season 3)

I also follow Natsume yuujin chou in Lala (monthly comic magazine)
and am greatly anticipating Natsume season 4 which is due to air early next year!
and I am also looking forward to seeing that next eva movie that is taking a bazillion years to come out.

Just recently I got around to watching all of Panty Stocking Garterbelt.... where is season 2??? :V they are going to make one, right?
Or is this another classic unfinished-business-style GAINAX ending? :/
skim

Postby Crusher » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:36 am

Crusher

Postby Momiji » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby Crusher » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:52 pm

Crusher

Postby Momiji » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:36 pm

haha i woulndt worry on negatives, i generally like most you mentioned but im not offended ^^ each to there own xD
GANTZ- well i dont get its story, i only watched 7 episodes its just halerious generally to watch, im not sure if its comedy or not but its funny because i narrow it down to the main 3 are:
*Lonly desperate guy... think his name is Kei
*Rape Bait- also called kei... how annoying (well she is rape bait)
*big gay buff- not to inply any offence to people but thats easy way to say
(i have nothing against gays n all but ye)

Clannad is more for the after story, i never mind its first season but ye its afterstory is great xD
K-On!- ahem * <- im a fan xD* but i see what you saying, not so much on the peado part but i never understand its fame, i like it because... i dunno i just enjoy it as i watch it, the casual vibe makes it feel nice i guess but i am the same to wondering where its fame comes from.

Nothing beats Angel beats though xD well actually i guess Kanon a close second (i doubt you will enjoy Kanon though lol)

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby ErikB » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:37 pm

Attachments
sumire-saito-7.jpg
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Shines » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Shines

Postby EriksBlue » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:50 pm

I'm watching Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei.

I just finished Tiger & Bunny, the CGI at times is weird.
EriksBlue

Postby ErikB » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:56 pm

I've been hearing good things about Tiger and Bunny. Thinking about picking it up... and by that I mean download it all.

Btw, is anyone watching Persona 4? The first episode was amazing - if you've played the game.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Postby Momiji » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby ErikB » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:16 pm

Could be related. There are many Persona games, which themselves are apart of the Shin Megame Tensei series. However, all these games, like Final Fantasy, are very different but share a core set of ideas, monsters, etc.

In Persona 4, personas are spirits awakened within you when you accept your shadow self. In Persona 3 you awoke your persona by shooting yourself in the head with a magic gun.

I really liked the first (and second) episode of P4 because it was basically a verbatim rendition of the opening of the game. The intermediate stuff has the same style as the game's menus. It's fan service at its best.
ErikB
Novelty developer

Next

Return to Anime Theater