I'm looking for a terrifying anime, mostly in a psycholgical sense. :lol:

I've already seen:
Mirai Nikki
Higurashi
Hellsing
gamesmaster_kya

Re: Any good Yandere/Horror Animes?

Postby Avaible » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:37 pm

How about Strawberry Panic? All of it. I can assure you, you will hate me for it if you actually manage to finish it :D

There's School days, Umineko (same creators of Higurashi), Denpa Teki na Kanojo (not horror exactly, but has a nice touch in that direction).
Avaible

Postby Momiji » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 pm

not so good for scary anime's, honestly i dont find anything much to scary bt i never seen one which is grippingly scary.
That being said theres some good horrors non the less out there which you could try (they wont scare you but hey there horror themed)

of course as you mentioned theres the Higurashi seris, which is as good as they get but try
> Siki - this will probberly appeal to you
> Jigoku Shouko - not really scary but got some fun physocological torture (kinda) but its fun watching non the less
> High school of the dead - ok this isnt a horror... just cuz there is some blood doesnt make it a horror right? anyways its story is good and it can be ammusing (warning contains high levels of fan service )
> Strawberry panic - well Avaible already said this one so ye
> Elfen lied - again i wouldnt call this a horror, but its got blood and killing, but its not a horror but most anime sites call it one, you can decide yourself i guess
> Chaos;Head - i havent yet seen this so i cant say much but its supposed to be quite a watch for phsycological and supernatural events so it might work for ya

otherwise i dont know much others, i dont really ever spend much time looking into horror's, though they can be enjoyable there aint all that many around.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby kumada » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:45 am

I don't know about the Yandere part, but for horror you might try Monster or Red Garden. Monster is probably the closer of the two to genuine horror, but if you're counting Hellsing as horror, your scope on the genre might be a little bit wider.

Maybe check out Bakkano! or Tokyo Maijin Gakuen Kenpuchou if you're looking more towards supernatural action-drama? Or try Gantz, if you'd rather something that's flat-out effed up.

Have you watched the Hellsing OVAs yet? They're one of the handful of things I'll watch dubbed, owing to the sheer quality of the translation and voice-acting.

Higurashi also has an accompanying manga and VN, so if you can't get enough of it, then yeah. And Umineko no Naki is the of-sorts sequel, but it may just be a VN (haven't checked.)

edit: re-read your post. Monster is pretty much what you want. It arcs kinda slow, though, so bear that in mind.
kumada

Postby Momiji » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:40 pm

kumada wrote:I don't know about the Yandere part, but for horror you might try Monster or Red Garden. Monster is probably the closer of the two to genuine horror, but if you're counting Hellsing as horror, your scope on the genre might be a little bit wider.

Maybe check out Bakkano! or Tokyo Maijin Gakuen Kenpuchou if you're looking more towards supernatural action-drama? Or try Gantz, if you'd rather something that's flat-out effed up.

Have you watched the Hellsing OVAs yet? They're one of the handful of things I'll watch dubbed, owing to the sheer quality of the translation and voice-acting.

Higurashi also has an accompanying manga and VN, so if you can't get enough of it, then yeah. And Umineko no Naki is the of-sorts sequel, but it may just be a VN (haven't checked.)

edit: re-read your post. Monster is pretty much what you want. It arcs kinda slow, though, so bear that in mind.

im supprised at myself for not thinking Monster
Monster (dispite the terribly uncreative name) is quite good and very intriging in the phycological department. Though i admit i never felt it was much a horror just pure suspense and some good mystery thrown in there but in all iagree Monster is probberly something you defo would like
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Image -----Image
Momiji

Postby 8oni » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:43 pm

I have watch a lot anime but they are not many that I still remember even now but if you want good Horror anime, I will recommend :

Another

Trust me, it really good 0w0
So many idea, so little time
8oni

Return to Anime Theater